Thread: Alcohol anxiety

Alcohol anxiety

United won the cup yesterday and the inevitable happened i got absoloutely blind drunk.when im drunk it gives me the courage to socialize but i allways take it too far and end up a blubbering mess.i remember someone trying to start a fight with me and i backed out and now i feel a pussy.ive been lied here panicing again all day.ive done well with drinking lately but now ive pushed myself over the edge again and i need to be back to normality

Re: Alcohol anxiety

You may want to contact these folks.

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mufc1982 View Post
    Thanks
    I tried the sister group GA Gamblers Anonymous and it really does help Good luck mate

It is frightening when you drink to the point that you're not fully in control, and can't entirely recall what happened the next day.
    Add to this the fact that alcohol is a depressant and will make you feel depressed once you come down from the "high"... and you're bound to feel crappy the next day.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad; the only consolation I have to offer is that the people around you were probably drinking too, and acting foolish, and they probably weren't paying that much attention to how you acted. They probably don't even remember it. it is almost certainly not as bad as it seems in your mind.
    Time will heal this bad feeling. But try to remember it the next time the opportunity to drink arises (it is never "inevitable", by the way).
    Have one drink, or better yet, just drink some tea or a soda.
    If you need "courage" to socialize at such a gathering, then remember that other people around you are drunk. And you're sober. That should give you the courage to talk to them. Drunk people will talk to anyone who will listen to them. And they probably won't remember what they said or did the following day. It doesn't take much courage to socialize with them, really.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    It is frightening when you drink to the point that you're not fully in control, and can't entirely recall what happened the next day.
    Add to this the fact that alcohol is a depressant and will make you feel depressed once you come down from the "high"... and you're bound to feel crappy the next day.
    Add to this someone who has an acquired brain injury and is on SSRIs. Based on the OPs history of alcohol abuse, AA and therapy are the most prudent way to proceed. Again, based on the OPs post history, nothing said here will break the self destructive cycle.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I got in touch with aa last night from the link yousent me and i got a lot of good advice.im not in the right mind set today but ive been told i need to go to an aa meeting because my problem is only going to get worse.thanks again

I got in touch with aa last night from the link yousent me and i got a lot of good advice.im not in the right mind set today but ive been told i need to go to an aa meeting because my problem is only going to get worse.thanks again
    Hey that's cool mate, Good luck and keep us updated Cheers

Good going! Please follow through for your own good and well being.

Positive thoughts

Hi Mate how have you been getting on? Have you been to a meeting yet? Cheers

Thread Information