Thread: Transvaginal ultrasound results are in

Transvaginal ultrasound results are in

Hi guys,

I went last week Friday for this transvaginal ultrasound because I've been having abnormal bleeding. I bled for a month and 4 days, however have now not been bleeding since Saturday.

The lady that did my ultrasound said the results would be back in 2-3 days so now it would be day 3. I got a automated message this evening saying my results are in and the doctor would like to see me to go over them.

I am so nervous :( I still haven't done my blood tests yet because I haven't had time.

But I am so scared that something sinister was found. Do you think if it were something really bad they would have called sooner? I think the last time I got a chest X-ray because of a bad cough, they called anyways to tell me to see the doctors even though it wasn't anything bad.

I am just so scared. :(

Re: Transvaginal ultrasound results are in

I'm sorry you are having a tough time, try not to catastrophise - there are many reasons for abnormal bleeding and majority of them are not sinister. If it was some kind of emergency then yes, the doctor would have advised you straight away to go to a hospital! Hang in there and let us know how you go x

And some doctors will not give results over the phone, period. Whether they are positive or negative.
    It is possible that something was found.
    It is also likely that it is not serious. It is likely a polyp, or a fibroid, or some benign cyst... women of reproductive age have all sorts of "things" that pop up and require maintenance, and very few of them are serious or life-threatening.
    You already know *something* is wrong. Something caused you to bleed for over a month. It would almost be more disturbing if they found "nothing", wouldn't it? Because then there'd be no answer as to why this happened, or how to fix it.
    Like I said, i think that if it's something, it is probably something very minor.
    The doctor will now explain to you how he/she intends to fix it. And I'm sure it will be simple and straightforward. Many procedures can be performed right in the doctor's office; I've had both cervical polyp removals and an endometrial biopsy in the office and without anesthetic. Other procedures might require a minor day surgery, at an ambulatory surgery center (such as a D&C or endometrial polyp removal, both of which I've had- twice).
    I was very scared in my 30s when things started to go *wrong* with my reproductive system. Now, a decade later, I realize it's just par for the course. Minor problems will arise, just like with a car, and minor repairs will occasionally be necessary. But serious problems are very, very rare in women before menopause. Usually, the problems we can expect are ones that only take a minor adjustment or two in order to fix.
    I am confident that your problem- if in fact you have one- will be minor and easily fixable, and that a month from now this will all be a distant memory.

Best wishes.

Or it could just be down to hormones playing up rather than it being *something*. However I agree that some doctors prefer to have a personal chat about results rather than over the phone or leave it up to a receptionist to give out the information.

ISB x

Quote Originally Posted by Citydeer View Post
    I'm sorry you are having a tough time, try not to catastrophise - there are many reasons for abnormal bleeding and majority of them are not sinister. If it was some kind of emergency then yes, the doctor would have advised you straight away to go to a hospital! Hang in there and let us know how you go x
    Thanks for the reassurance xx I'm just trying not to think too much of it. I can't get back to the doctors until Friday because I'm working. I'm going to have to try to keep myself as calm as possible for the time being

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
    And some doctors will not give results over the phone, period. Whether they are positive or negative.
    It is possible that something was found.
    It is also likely that it is not serious. It is likely a polyp, or a fibroid, or some benign cyst... women of reproductive age have all sorts of "things" that pop up and require maintenance, and very few of them are serious or life-threatening.
    You already know *something* is wrong. Something caused you to bleed for over a month. It would almost be more disturbing if they found "nothing", wouldn't it? Because then there'd be no answer as to why this happened, or how to fix it.
    Like I said, i think that if it's something, it is probably something very minor.
    The doctor will now explain to you how he/she intends to fix it. And I'm sure it will be simple and straightforward. Many procedures can be performed right in the doctor's office; I've had both cervical polyp removals and an endometrial biopsy in the office and without anesthetic. Other procedures might require a minor day surgery, at an ambulatory surgery center (such as a D&C or endometrial polyp removal, both of which I've had- twice).
    I was very scared in my 30s when things started to go *wrong* with my reproductive system. Now, a decade later, I realize it's just par for the course. Minor problems will arise, just like with a car, and minor repairs will occasionally be necessary. But serious problems are very, very rare in women before menopause. Usually, the problems we can expect are ones that only take a minor adjustment or two in order to fix.
    I am confident that your problem- if in fact you have one- will be minor and easily fixable, and that a month from now this will all be a distant memory.

Best wishes.
    Thank you so much for taking the time and writing that, it honestly really helps me a lot <3
    I'm going to try to look at it differently, I already thought about cysts and polyps, etc. But the back of my mind there's always that cancer scare, I'm only 23 so although the risk is probably low, it still is possible. But I'm not going to dwell on it because it's not worth o stress about it when most issues for abnormal bleeding are benign! I think there are more benign problems than there are sinister ones, my doctor actually told me it sounds like PCOS. If it's nothing I'll amount it to stress because in January I was under tons of stress, anxiety, and even depression that I could honestly say I've never been that mentally drained ever in my entire life.

Thanks again glasspinata <3

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Or it could just be down to hormones playing up rather than it being *something*. However I agree that some doctors prefer to have a personal chat about results rather than over the phone or leave it up to a receptionist to give out the information.

ISB x
    Hello ISB, thanks for responding x
    I'm hoping it's all just something hormonal related due to stress that won't happen again. My doctor just told me that if something is found she would have to refer me to a gyno.

I think for the most part this doctor office calls even if there is nothing seriously wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jennclark View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance xx I'm just trying not to think too much of it. I can't get back to the doctors until Friday because I'm working. I'm going to have to try to keep myself as calm as possible for the time being

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing that, it honestly really helps me a lot <3

I'm going to try to look at it differently, I already thought about cysts and polyps, etc. But the back of my mind there's always that cancer scare, I'm only 23 so although the risk is probably low, it still is possible. But I'm not going to dwell on it because it's not worth o stress about it when most issues for abnormal bleeding are benign! I think there are more benign problems than there are sinister ones, my doctor actually told me it sounds like PCOS. If it's nothing I'll amount it to stress because in January I was under tons of stress, anxiety, and even depression that I could honestly say I've never been that mentally drained ever in my entire life.

Thanks again glasspinata <3

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Hello ISB, thanks for responding x

I'm hoping it's all just something hormonal related due to stress that won't happen again. My doctor just told me that if something is found she would have to refer me to a gyno.

I think for the most part this doctor office calls even if there is nothing seriously wrong.

How did your appointment go? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information