Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again 😣

Re: Still anxious after breast ultrasound

I SOOO understand how you feel. I just went through a whole breast lump fiasco. I found a lump and my doctor tried telling me it felt like a hematoma. I had a mammogram and ultrasound that said breast contusion (injury). I followed up 3 months later in November, it showed the lump I felt. Radiologist still thought it was injury related but because I was so worried and it did show solid on ultrasound lets biopsy. I had that done, and it was benign, scar tissue, just like they tried telling me. I was like you, what if, what if, what if and worried myself crazy. I know how you feel. *hugs* I'm sure the test was correct but wanted you to know, you're not alone with the what ifs. I get it. Health anxiety stinks I know!

I wish I asked why whatever I feel wasn't showing on the ultrasound?! If there's a lump there should it not have showed up? That's what's worrying me it's horrible

I'm really struggling today should I trust the ultrasound? All I keep thinking is he's missed the lump?

I know how you feel, 3 years ago I went for an ultrasound (cant remember which breast now) but they said I had fatty tissue however I have now been feeling a lump on my left breast and seeing the GP again and hopefully she will refer me again, I am thinking to myself which breast did they check and is this infact a 'new lump', adding to the fact that I have had a lot of bloods taken today (totally unrelated to my breast lump) and now worrying about the results of the blood tests...

I really am finding it extremely hard to cope right now...

I'm sorry you feel like this. I was really thinking the results would help me but I'm worse than I was. Thinking they've not done the ultrasound properly or he never checked the correct area or missed something. It's horrible feeling so down all the time

Thing thats playing on my mind is 3 years ago did they scan both breasts, i cant remember! And now these blood tests and the reaults is driving me insane! did they ultrasound both your breasts or just one?

Are you getting help for your health anxiety Jessica's mummy?

It was just the one breast that he done the ultrasound on! I am waiting for my appointment for cbt but taking sertraline at the moment which definitely take the edge off when I'm extremely anxious

Does poking and prodding lead to the big C? I feel like thats all I do so if it's not that already It will end up being that

It doesn't lead to cancer but it will inflame things and make it painful and sore.

Can you research some CBT techniques. You need to try and stop the checking behaviours (poking/proding) as this won't be helping.

Before HA what did you do for fun?x

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information