Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Security

Re: Security

Nope we never had one as they cost money (annual cost).

I *think* Alex implemented part of it yesterday Terry but was going to do some more testing over the weekend.

It only started happening following the updates that were installed this week that people seem to have got at different times.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post

I *think* Alex implemented part of it yesterday Terry but was going to do some more testing over the weekend.

It only started happening following the updates that were installed this week that people seem to have got at different times.
    Do they actually make a site safer as such? Can you ask Alex do we have the highest level of SSL on the site? As he was running SSL tests across the whole site. Cyber Crime is big business now a days and it's very important in the internet world we live in to have the latest security installed And once again please thank Alex for all his hard work behind the 'scenes' Thanks Cheers

I can't answer those questions so I will leave it to Alex to reply tomorrow once he has finished what he is doing.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can't answer those questions so I will leave it to Alex to reply tomorrow once he has finished what he is doing.
    Ok that's the best thing as he is the tech guru here thanks

Hi Nic

I'm sure Alex would know but I took a look at the sites for certificates, godaddy seems to be the cheapest but the same as others who are charging more. I will make a donation towards it during the week.

Els
    xx
    Last edited by xBettyBoopx; 20-03-17 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by xBettyBoopx View Post
    Hi Nic

I'm sure Alex would know but I took a look at the sites for certificates, godaddy seems to be the cheapest but the same as others who are charging more. I will make a donation towards it next during the week.

Els
    xx
    Yes seen the tv ads for them and I think the first year is only £1 so it could help keep the costs down Cheers

No worries, it must have been something about those other two sites then as I've never had a certificate warning on here as far as I can remember. If I turned up my Windows security settings it would most likely spot it as certs are covered in that but I always have anti virus software running so it's obviously not an issue for me.

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Do they actually make a site safer as such?
    They add a level of protection but the site is safe as it is. You are far more at risk from not having local Anti Virus/System updates upto date.
    That doesnt mean we are not taking it seriously, its my number one job on NMP but it can't be done overnight.

Can you ask Alex do we have the highest level of SSL on the site? As he was running SSL tests across the whole site.
    Yes it will be.

Cyber Crime is big business now a days and it's very important in the internet world we live in to have the latest security installed
    Its far more important that people have local security updated. Most hacking of websites these days is to use them in bot networks, most of the big leaks your hear about are actually inside jobs.
    Another big area is identity theft and credit card theft but NMP doesn't collect any information that can identify you nor does it take credit cards anywhere.
    The best thing you can do is to make sure you change your password regularly and have a few different ones that you use across sites.

And once again please thank Alex for all his hard work behind the 'scenes' Thanks Cheers
    Pleasure :-)

The SSL work will take a little longer as I am in talks with a large company to try and get a free SSL certificate for NMP.

I will keep everyone updated on here.

Alex

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Oi why are you still bashing me?...And I'm still loving your bang on trend hair net, Penfold!. x
    I will be bashing you for ever ;-)

Hey that hair net is trendy :-)

Dont start me on Penfold you will lose ;-)

Three very fair points!.

I was convinced Penfold was a hamster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information