I've been taking Citalopram for nearly 8 weeks all together now. First 2 weeks 10mg, then upped to 20mg. I'm just really needing some reassurance or advice.

Other than feeling worse for the first week or so when first taking them, I didn't feel any different until about 4 weeks in, i started to feel some slight improvement. Then I got my period and it all went down hill from there. For about 3 weeks I was in such a bad way!

I'd say about a week ago, I started to feel slight improvement again for a couple of days and then again...things started to go down hill. I literally couldn't of felt any worse. and that has only just passed.

Right now I feel quite emotionless??. Like a "I'm not bothered" "I can't be bothered" feeling about everything. I just feel so miserable!! I feel so out of it, so so tired and just drained. Which I think is just the depression. (Hoping it isn't the meds??) where as a couple of days ago, I was overwhelmed with how bad I felt. Was getting bad anxiety, bad depression. Felt like I was going back to square one!! Was getting worked up about everything, just felt so desperate for it too pass and for me to just feel better!

But now I just feel really strange and low. Don't feel with it at all. And I can feel the anxiety creeping in. Thinking maybe I need my dosage increasing? But then I've been told that it's too soon to see. Just really want these meds to start working! Feel awful. Would really appreciate some advice on what to do! X