Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Immovable Lump on Side of Neck

Re: Hard Immovable Lump on Side of Neck

Hey all,

So I had the ultrasound today. She checked my entire neck including the hard lump and told me that everything looked normal.

The hard lymph node measures 4mm but she said the shape is fine and nothing is growing on it.

Will visit the doctor in 1 week to get the full results but she said that there was nothing to worry about.

Hope you're both doing well,

James

4mm is TINYYYYY!

Good to hear!

I have an ultrasound 25th of April. Ugh :( Hope it goes well. Mine feels larger than 4mm though

I got hard immovable lumps at the base of head, near the neck when I was around 19 or so. There wasn't one, maybe 3 or 4. At that time I had zero health anxiety and just mentioned it casually to my dad who asked my doctor uncle who was nearby to look at it, He didn't seem concerned, we did nothing, and it just went away on it's own. I don't even know how long it took to go away, but it was 20 years ago so it didn't develop into anything. Today, if had that symptom, with all the information out there to google, I would be petrified.

So just an update...

I had to have a blood test recently as my blood pressure has been pretty high recently. Was told that I probably wouldn't hear a call back unless they saw something in the blood test.

Got a call the next day saying that I need to have a repeat blood test.

Apparently my test results showed that my white blood count was slightly raised. As expected, any combination in google of "hard lymph node" and "raised white blood count" comes with some form of lymphoma so my anxiety is back in full swing!

Hopefully just my body fighting off some infection (i have got gum disease at the moment) but it's still quite worrrying...

James

Hey James
    I have had a small, invisible lymph node just below my ear for about 2 years. I got a blood test when I first found it and my wbc was a touch high. Of course lymphoma is the only cause when I google my symptoms, so I panicked heaps because i wasn't sick. My doctor ordered a repeat 1 month later. The lymph node still didn't go but my wbc were back to normal. My doctor also said that it is normal for there to be a normal, non tender gland that's palpable. Apparently (I can't feel it) there is also one on the other side which is tucked away at the back of a muscle in my neck.
    2 years later, the node is still there, hasn't changed size and I'm perfectly fine
    Last edited by carlysugar99; 24-04-17 at 02:36.

Slight WBC elevation doesn't mean much. It happens all the time when fighting off a bug or some infection, and sometimes you don't even realize your body is fighting off something. Hope to hear you post soon that your results have come back all clear.

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate your thoughts and help.

My repeat blood test is on Tuesday so will let you all know.

2 hard immovable lumps on the back of my neck in my hair line one is smaller than the other and they sit right by each other. They feel similar to the one under my chin directly in the middle but the one is larger. I have been told they are nothing to worry about but I'm freaking out. Stupid Google. In your guys experience did messing with them cause them to be bigger? I've messed with mine so much the area is red! Glad ultrasounds came back normal! I was told an ultrasound wasn't needed for mine but I think I want one. CBC came back normal but still.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Did messing with your nodes make them even bigger by chance? Did they seem to go down after leaving them alone for awhile?

Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by CHELLEB1017 View Post
    Anyone??
    You have a thread of you own on this and I know you know the answer to that question if you've been reading my replies

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information