Thread: Should I go back to the doctor?

Should I go back to the doctor?

A few weeks ago I had epididmytis which is inflammation of the tube that leads from the testes to the urethra and I got a round of antibiotics for it. Well I had also been taking Advil for pain and I always had taken Advil with no problems since I was a kid. Well I wake up and I find these small red dots on my arms like the capillaries under my skin had burst or something and they were all on my upper arms. I went to the doctor and she said everything was fine and it was probably due to the antibiotic but I remembered that ibuprofen is a blood thinner. I looked up petechae that's what it's called and ibuprofen and hardly found anything on it. I had no problems with these spots until this morning I took 2 Advil for a headache and I started noticing the spots again. This time at the bottom of my arm and on my legs. I'm pretty sure ibuprofen is what's causing this but it never used to happen. Also I don't have any other troubling bleeding symptoms or anything. I'm not sure if I need to go back to the doctor or just stop taking ibuprofen all together

Re: Should I go back to the doctor?

Ibuprofen can cause bleeding when used for long periods of time. Are you on it chronically under a doctors care? Did they do blood work? You could try switching to Tylenol perhaps to see if it dies down. Def sounds like a reaction. If you took it at the same time as the antibiotic maybe that's what is causing it. Also antibiotics stay in your system for a couple of days after you have discontinued them.

Thread Information