Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else signed off from work?

Sarah-Jane,

You cant help being ill. Try not to worry about work, it will make matters worse.

Sue

Sue

Meg - work are still keeping my job open as far as I know. I'm quite up and down (which is quite usual for me really) but I am glad I am entitled to Incapcity Benefit. Been worrying a lot about alternative income, I'm still worrying about the DLA and probably will until I get a reply. I am managing though, medication seems to be helping a bit and my girlfriend is very supportive.

Sarah-Jane - I agree entirely with what Sue says. I worried a lot about work but eventually tried to put myself first for once. What is important now is you starting to get better. We only have one shot at life, lets try and take care of ourselves to make things better.

A bit late in giving an update.

My DLA claim came through recently. It took a couple of months, it isn't much (low rate mobility) but it is something. But without money from work at the moment, any income is a good thing in my eyes.

------
    Blog @ http://www.livejournal.com/users/midwalian/

i had to give up two part time jobs and did claim benefit but i lose £11 pounds a week because i dont go to the job centre to apply for work (they know i cant work but still have to go ) i now have my gp sending letters to try get it back

fan x

Im still signed off sick and have been since about end of september 04 from work work have been ok ish, but now looks as though they are making me redundant as of the end of january 2005, im having to look for new job for financial reasons although dont really feel strong enough yet, having good and bad days and hopefully good days outweigh the bad.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

i hadn't any sick pay. cos i was new 2 the job. but if the dr signs u off 4 a certain amount of time. in my case 2 weeks. as soon as you get the note from the dr saying your unfit to work you can claim money back. but make sure you send it off to get money back within a week of recieving it otherwise they might not get any money back. the details of were to send it off to are on the dr note.
    hope this is helpful to you
    camilla

Over the last 4 year years ive been with my company BP i have only had a month off on the sick due to the attacks but i had to go back due to needing the money.

I am now of for 6 months due to giving birth to my son 8 weeks ago today and im glad im not ta work as since ive given birth my panic attacks have came bakc worse than ever i hope they get a wee bit better by the time i go back.

Sometimes in my work it is hard cause i work on the till and have to deal with customers and sometimes i have to work by myself and when i take a attack there is nothing i can do or go untill i calm down.

I have just told my boss about the attacks as she is a friend as well and she has promised me that i wont work by myself no more which helps as when i have a attack i can go out side and have a cig and calm down.

I'm glad it's not just me off sick! I've been of for over a month now and I work in a bar so I doubt I'll get much more sick pay.

Just watched my boyfriend go of on our staff party to Ireland. Obviously can't go too cos I don't feel I can handle being away from home.

Ah well. Maybe next time. xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information