hey guys & gals.

hope this is the right section i'm posting in. i've read this forum for a while over the past few years as i suffer from some anxiety.

i think i might be at a point where i need to ask a dr for some more medication.

i lost my parents at age 15 and 16. i'm now 28, ever since that i've felt depressed. i went to a counsellor for a while when i was 21/22 but i don't think it helped really. i never went on any medication for that. i've forgotten what it feels like to feel 'normal'.

2 years ago i started to suffer badly from social anxiety, i ended up doing cbt last year and that definitely helped, although it's still there a bit. i do take 1-3 x 10mg of propranalol a day which helps.

i would love to feel 'normal'. i think the anxiety makes the depression worse. there's a few things it stops me doing, i'd love to join a gym and get fit but i fear it'd be too busy there. i've never really had a proper girlfriend either, so that makes me feel really lonely. i'm stuck in a sh!t paid stressful job too. i always think one day suddenly that'll all change and i'll get a good job and meet a nice girl but i've been waiting for that day for so long now.

do you think it's time to ask the dr for some meds for the depression? i've always felt skeptical as i didn't want to rely on something. i do feel now like i rely on the propranalol, although one morning i forgot to take the tablet and the day was ok