Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Anxiety Affect your Vision?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can Anxiety Affect your Vision?

As I was playing football on Thursday, out of nowhere I got struck with some light-headed/dizziness. It was strange as I was really enjoying myself completely out of nowhere.

When I got home I noticed that my vision was effected also. Since, four days on, my dizziness is subsiding but my vision issue hasn't.

My vision is difficult to describe. I struggle to read words as easily as before that. I have to really work and concentrate to read words and 'focus' on stuff.

I am worried because it raises worries with MS and the double vision symptom of it. I don't have double vision I don't think but I don't know if MS is something that gradually gets worse.

Getting quite scared now.

Re: Can Anxiety Affect your Vision?

Yes anxiety definitely can affect your vision.

You should list all the terminal illnesses you haven't thought you've had yet. Give us a sort of heads up on what we can expect in the future. lol

That was tongue in cheek. You are well and truly on the health anxiety bus Ben. I see the signs. Your next "illness" is just around the corner. Talk to your doctor about it. ��

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Haha if health anxiety was a bus it would be an old double decker, riding through cobbled streets, full of smelly people with kids on the back row throwing things at everyone. There would also be a drunk in the corner shouting abuse and telling us the world is gonna end. And most importantly, the driver would make it near impossible to get off!

I try my hardest to tell myself it's anxiety but sometimes I can't accept how much of a powerful influence it can have on the body, physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1989 View Post
    Haha if health anxiety was a bus it would be an old double decker, riding through cobbled streets, full of smelly people with kids on the back row throwing things at everyone. There would also be a drunk in the corner shouting abuse and telling us the world is gonna end. And most importantly, the driver would make it near impossible to get off!

I try my hardest to tell myself it's anxiety but sometimes I can't accept how much of a powerful influence it can have on the body, physically.
    Ha ha you have a very bad view of the old days ahh I have met some nice people on those old buses and at least you wernt set upon they were actually happier days to me not like now. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ha ha you have a very bad view of the old days ahh I have met some nice people on those old buses and at least you wernt set upon they were actually happier days to me not like now. Cheers
    Yep, I agree. People are largely respectful and may have a chat. Perhaps it depends where you live?

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ben1989 View Post

But who would be the lucky person having a smooch, and maybe more , on the top deck at the back?

Hah! Stokie here so boooooooo!

Fight or flight does sharpen vision. At my harder stages I found the light was harsher, especially from the sun. Those supermarket lights aren't pleasant either. Sounds get harsher & louder too. Studies have shown how smells become noxious, including things that previously had no smell.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yep, I agree. People are largely respectful and may have a chat. Perhaps it depends where you live?

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

But who would be the lucky person having a smooch, and maybe more , on the top deck at the back?

Hah! Stokie here so boooooooo!

Fight or flight does sharpen vision. At my harder stages I found the light was harsher, especially from the sun. Those supermarket lights aren't pleasant either. Sounds get harsher & louder too. Studies have shown how smells become noxious, including things that previously had no smell.
    ahh yes and even the clippies would have a chat too! And fair (fare get it lol) point guess it did depend where you lived Ha ha and another stokie too here Yay Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    ahh yes and even the clippies would have a chat too! And fair (fare get it lol) point guess it did depend where you lived Ha ha and another stokie too here Yay Cheers
    If only it was like On The Buses! (I'm not saying I wanted to flirt with Jack...)
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 24-04-17 at 13:39.

That's almost exactly how Russ Harris describes the bus (well boat) in 'The Happiness Trap' which is an awesome read btw, highly recommended. What you have to remember is YOU are the driver of the bus, and you don't have to listen to what any of the other passengers say. BUT the more you ignore them and press on with what you want to do, the louder and louder they will shout. You have to become deaf to their cries and carry on regardless and then eventually they get quieter and quieter and one day you stop and wonder where they went

lol Ben, I'm glad I read you correctly. I had a moment after I clicked submit when I wondered if you would be offended.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

I like the sound of that book groundhog. I will keep an eye out for it.

[/COLOR]I like the sound of that book groundhog. I will keep an eye out for it.[/QUOTE]

It's a very good read, it's all based on ACT therapy which I think is awesome. Lots of focus on accepting yourself and accepting your anxiety and situation, but getting on with your life and moving forward. Harris says that you cannot shrink the part of you that is anxious but you can massively expand all other areas of your​ life, which in turn makes the anxiety appear more and more insignificant.

I like it because it takes all the focus away from their being 'something wrong with you' or 'needing to get better' and instead just tells you, you are a product of all you have experienced, now just take that with you and live your life.

It sounds a bit woo, but it really works.

Sorry for the derailment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information