Thread: Anybody have the same visual Problems??

Question Anybody have the same visual Problems??

Hi guys

I haven't posted for a while because i seem to be coping abit better with my anxiety.

However.....i keep getting a problem with my vision on the right side only. I have posted this because i wanted to see if anybody at all has ever experienced this as i really struggle to describe it to any1 and i dont know of any1 who has experienced quite the problem i have.

Basically, when i am sitting down, normally in a lit room and i am focusing on something ...the outlines of objects to the right of my vision appear to being flashing....almost jumping backwards and forwards. It seems to be worse with objects that have clear outlines and they seem to be flashing.

I have not long been to see an optician, (however i wasnt experiencing this at the time) and they said my eyes were fine. However since then i developed floaters (which i have gotten used to) and more recently flashing objects in my right side of my vision.

I mean is this anxiety? Does any1 else experience this type of visual problem?

I would be really grateful to know if anybody has

Thanks

Re: Anybody have the same visual Problems??

Mine too. I see things moving and my body tightens.
    I sometimes look at numbers or words and the last letter is not there. I instantly panic in fear that something in sinister.

TT

It could well be visual disturbances due to anxiety. I've had a lot and far more disturbing stuff than just floaters or flashing stuff.

Another thing to consider may be migraines, they can cause similar types of phenomena. Usually, but not always are accompanied by a headache soon afterwards or before. The 'flashing' description is what makes me think that, as noramlly a classical migrain will invilve some sort of flashing and distortion, usually around the edges of your vision.

Migraines are often trggered by stress, so anxiety and migraines often go together.

You could always get it checked out with your GP just for reassurance.

Jim

Hi ya

I dont tend to get migraines with them and its seems to be there all day every day pretty much.

Have spoke to my GP but he told me to see my optician, but i've not long seen my optician (before i was having this) and apparently my eyes were healthy.

I dont really know whether to go back or whether it is an optician that i need to see.

Thread Information