Thread: How long will this last?

How long will this last?

So I recently went to my GP about my twitching (began in my face) that has spread all over my body and get buzzing and weird sensations in my hands. Upon the moment I walked in (he had me on file) he immediately assumed its somatization and all that stuff. We talked about anxiety for 45 minutes and he asked questions, I inquired about my symptoms and he said he could do blood tests but thought they were unnecessary.

I am going to a psychologist in a few weeks.

Its been two days and the symptoms haven't gone away, I fear I am beginning to question my GP's opinion.
    Last edited by walkerbull; 06-05-17 at 06:37.

Re: How long will this last?

The symptoms that you describe can be found on many lists for physical symptoms of anxiety. Questioning your doctor is also extremely common as I would assume that most people on here do that pretty much every time they have an appointment.

For me, my heart fears really seemed to calm down after having the tests done, so you may benefit from the bloodwork. In some ways, I think that some of the tests I went through went through were more for my peace of mind than anything else.

Then again, there are those that won't benefit from the testing as they will just keep pushing for more tests.

For myself, it helps to have the testing done and the second opinion.

My anxiety comes and goes, so I can be logical on here one day and then write a post in the same tone as your's the next day. I really think it's great that you're going to see a psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by meant2live View Post
    The symptoms that you describe can be found on many lists for physical symptoms of anxiety. Questioning your doctor is also extremely common as I would assume that most people on here do that pretty much every time they have an appointment.

For me, my heart fears really seemed to calm down after having the tests done, so you may benefit from the bloodwork. In some ways, I think that some of the tests I went through went through were more for my peace of mind than anything else.

Then again, there are those that won't benefit from the testing as they will just keep pushing for more tests.

My anxiety comes and goes, so I can be logical on here one day and then write a post in the same tone as your's the next day. I really think it's great that you're going to see a psychologist.
    Yeah, he was a good doc, really on to it. But, I have pushed everyone to the limit and considering my GP didn't really give my symptoms a second thought, I am constantly reevaluating the appointment and try to recall what he exactly said. Its awful!

Anxiety and stress are hard on the body. Until you get it under control, your body will be reacting to the stress it's under. It could be weeks, months, even years until things calm down. That depends on you and the severity of your illness and how hard you work on getting better.

Remember..

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Good Luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by meant2live View Post

But I can't go again. I have been to the doctor for different issues for three times in the space of a few months. But all were to the same doctor.

I don't know what to do.

Thread Information