View Poll Results: What antidepressant classes are least prone to cause zombification & sexual problems?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)

0 0%
  • Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)

2 50.00%
  • Serotonin modulator and stimulators (SMSs) | e.g.: vortioxetine, vilazodone

0 0%
  • Serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitors (SARIs) | e.g.: Trazodone Nefazodone

1 25.00%
  • Norepinephrine [dopamine] reuptake inhibitors (NDRIs, NRIs or NERIs) | e.g.: Reboxetine, Bupropion

2 50.00%
  • Tricyclic antidepressants

1 25.00%
  • Atypical TCAs | e.g.: Opipramol, Tianeptine

0 0%
  • Tetracyclic antidepressants | NaSSAs | e.g.: Mirtazapine, Mianserin, Maprotiline

2 50.00%
  • Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)

0 0%
  • Atypical antipsychotics | Buspirone etc.

0 0%
  • Others | e.g.: Agomelatine, Ketamine, Tryptophan, St. John's Wort, Lithium, T3/T4 etc.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: antidepressants that do not cause sexual dysfunction and zombification

Thumbs up Re: antidepressants that do not cause sexual dysfunction and apathy

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Cool. Then you don't have any potential drug-drug interactions. The other meds would be effectively out of your system by now.

Re: antidepressants that do not cause sexual dysfunction and zombification

time for an update:

it's been 8 weeks on 50mg of Sertraline.

on the pro side:
    # helps with social anxiety and somewhat with depression
    # some subtle psychosomatic symptoms have diminished
    # diarrhea no longer an issue! Mr. Hankey is hard and cohesive.

cons:
    # insomnia | ****ed up sleep cycle
    # weight loss. My appetite is nearly back to normal, but I am still loosing weight or at least not gaining any. BMI 19 right now. That is bothering me. I don't want to become underweight.
    # heat intolerance (my entire life I've been loving warmth and heat. I was the guy who could sit at the top row in the sauna for 20min @ 100°C (212 °F), but right now I cannot even stand the mild summer.
    # exhaustion (walking 2km around the block makes me feel exhausted & breathless. I feel somewhat weak, without power)
    # agitation /motoric restlessness seems to be worse than before taking Sertraline
    # and the many times mentioned "zombification"
    # mild heachache and "pressure" in my neck. Nothing bad, but very annoying in the mid and long term.

I am unsure about the further course of action: Staying on Sertraline as a standalone treatment is not an option, as the side effects are not bearable in the mid to long term. I've been thinking about the popular Sertraline + Nortriptyline combo, but Lundbeck has withdrawn Nortrilen from the German market, so this is no longer a viable option. I've been also thinking about Sertraline + Mirtazapine (heroic combo | Stephen Stahl), but I am not sure if Mirtazapine will counteract & attenuate the side effects of Sertraline!? Although it might be worth a try before discontinuing Sertraline forever...

What other options are there? Well, there are of course TCAs, which might be worth a try as standalone treatment, for example Amitriptyline, Clomipramine, Trimipramine etc.! Considering Gillmans TCA article & "When to consider avoiding SRIs as first choice" I seem to be a prototype for someone who shouldn't be treated with SSRIs but rather try a TCA as first line treatment *lol*

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Duckbruck; 14-06-17 at 01:43.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information