Hi everyone,

I was recently prescribed 3.75mg zipoclone after 1 - 2 months of severe insomnia (some nights I wasn't getting ANY sleep and averaged 3-5 on a good one). I know it is caused by my horrible, relentless job, a bully of a boss and the fact that I'm getting married in 3 months (all of it together is just too much!). I am planning on leaving my job, but not until after the wedding as I don't want too much on my plate. But even just thinking of one more day is too much at times.

Anyway, my psychiatrist recommended I take one 3.75mg pill for four nights in a row, and then two half tablets in a row, as this would apparently help to reset my internal clock. Apart from Friday night where I slept in until mid-day and could have quite frankly kept going if I hadn't made myself get up, I'm still not sleeping well even with the meds. I take a pill at 10 pm, but I often don't crash out until 1 or 2 am, and then I often wake up frequently and always about an hour before my alarm goes off. It is vast improvement on no sleep, but I still feel like death on that amount.

The trouble is, I do get nervous about taking sleeping pills and I often go through an initial anxiety when I swallow it which can't help (I don't like losing control!). I'm worried about getting dependent, then I'm worried about not sleeping, then I worry about being trapped in my job forever and how on earth I will keep on going with such little sleep... you know the cycle! I'm actually wondering if I may sleep better without the zipoclone now, or possibly a different drug?? (I just hate taking them at all to be honest). It's so confusing and so frustrating.

Anyway, sorry to go on. I just don't have anyone to talk to about this, have to put on a shiny, happy face at work everyday, and even just typing this out is making me feel better.

Love to all. x