Thread: What can an echocardiogram see?

What can an echocardiogram see?

So I just had an echocardiogram done about two weeks ago and everything came back good, along with three good ekgs. But the other day I felt this random pulsating in my upper right abdomen and apparently thats you Aortic artery.it was right after eating and got it for maybe 25 mins on and off. Thinking back I have gotten it before and always feel a little weird in that area sometimes. I also do landscape work and when I rise the zero turn mowers to lift the deck up and down there is a pedal on the right side and my foot is constantly pushing it and its not "that" easy to press. Could that be why I feel the weird feeling on that side? I should also state I was always the type of person that fixated on every pain or sensation I felt. Anyway apparently the aorric anurisms run on my moms side of the family but I am only 22. Ever since hearing that I have been nervous and feeling that area constantly. Would the echo have picked up if I had an issue? I believe they put the ultra sound in that area as well but I was more concerned to hear my heart itself was OK.

Re: What can an echocardiogram see?

As someone with heart disease, I've had all the tests done. If your results were good, then you're good. I'd give almost anything to be as physically healthy as you apparently are.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sorry to hear that. Thats just awful...I can't imagine what it's like to have an actual problem thats not just in your head. It is good to hear from someone with an actual issue though. I called the cardiologist to ask and he said they do see the base of the artery and mine looked fine...there would have been some sort of sign showing if something was wrong further down where they don't look. He also said it could be muscle from the work I do or even the way I sit...I do tend to sit somewhat sideways on the mowers when I have my foot on the deck pedal. Apparently!.... I was at a massage last week and the lady said with what I do and how I feel I am very healthy...I said, well....thats what they tell me at least.

Thread Information