Thread: Hard lymph node and ultrasound referral

Hard lymph node and ultrasound referral

I am seeking an advice or little reassurance as i have been worring my self out in the last two days and can not stop thinking of the worst.

I am a mum of 3 beautiful children and i suffer from HA specially when it comes to my children's health.

Back on March this year i noticed small hard lump (small pea size) in one side of my 3 years old DS groin and a few bigger movable ones at both sides of his groin. I know swollen lymph nodes are common with children as my daughter have them since she was a baby.
    But what worried my is the hard immoveable one. I took him to the gp who said to come back after two weeks if they still their. I went back at the end of april as they never go. The gp checked my son's groin and stomach and said it could be nothing to worry about but he will refer him for ultrasound (fair enough) i was not too worried as my DS is not ill, sleeping and eating well and everything is normal.
    Two days ago (after 3 weeks since our last visit to the gp) we have received the referral appointment letter, to find out that the ultrasound will be in the oncology department!!
    I cried alot for just thinking that my son might have cancer. I am soooo worried and i suffer from health anxiety so i can not help not thinking about the worse
    As i said above my son looks healthy, good appetite and no temp. But he is skinny and sometimes he got eczema behind his knees.

Anyone experienced something similar?
    And if you've had your child referred for lymph nodes ultrasound, was it in oncology department?

Thanks
    From so worried mum x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hard lymph node and ultrasound referral

It's not uncommon to have imaging and other diagnostic imaging done in an oncology department. At least not here in the states. I know several people referred to oncology for imaging, for various reasons. Some had a real possibility of cancer, while others were sent there just because their doc felt oncology was more qualified to confirm their suspicion that it was harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    It's not uncommon to have imaging and other diagnostic imaging done in an oncology department. At least not here in the states. I know several people referred to oncology for imaging, for various reasons. Some had a real possibility of cancer, while others were sent there just because their doc felt oncology was more qualified to confirm their suspicion that it was harmless.

Your reply is really reassuring. Thanks

You're welcome.

Thread Information