Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indigestion-chronic

Indigestion-chronic

Hi all,
    Anybody get persistent indigestion ? I don't get heartburn, just a dull/gnawing
    pain in the stomach which is sometimes there when I wake up & not associated with food.I'm doing my best to convince myself that its stomach cancer, though at 37 I read that its not likely !!Sometimes the pain subsides
    after eating then comes back like hunger pangs (ulcer!!!)I;m currently on
    reflux suppressors and have had a blood sample taken to test for some H Pylori
    bacteria thing me jig.Anyone else suffer the same, and any relief remedies
    other than shooting myself!!
    Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Indigestion-chronic

Shooting yourself will just make an awful mess for someone to clear up, so i wouldn't advise that!! LOL.
    I am on omeprazole/losec once a day and i don't feel much better either. I have started eating a low fat diet and that has helped some. I have noticed that some things do trigger it more. But i still wake up with that burning feeling in my neck and stomach. And the pain that i get is that feeling of someone sitting on your diaphragm and you can feel it going into your back. Not nice and it pushes up into your chest too. Drinking water, but i have it like a hot drink straight from the kettle can help with wind. I was told to stay of chewing gum and mints with this diet too, but i find sometimes as they make you burp, this helps. When i lay down in bed at night i feel like someone is sitting on my chest, very uncomfortable and with the burning as well, not nice. I know what you are going through and sympathize with you. But in honesty i cannot get rid of mine either. I am now waiting to be referred for a barium meal but knowing the NHS that will probably take about 3 months to come through and that will be just for the initial appointment!! Waiting, waiting all the time, does my head in.
    At least you know you are not on your own in this.x
    Oh, by the way, i have been told my a gp that you can still take gaviscon while you are on a PPI, omeprazole/losec or any of the others. It will not affect the medication in any way.x

Hi I sometimes get this feeling,its like your stomach needs something to eat.I found a glass of soda water helps me,it brings up wind.Or a glass of warm water from the kettle,just sip it.Iv had years of trouble with my tummy,but no treatments helped.It was all down to anxiety.

Keep rolaids with you all the time..even milk has been known to help if you arent allergic to milk..Try to relax and quit stressing ..Something is eating the lining of your stomach..Worry ,stress or something bothering you .Yes could be anxiety if that is the case get some over the counter pecid ac or something meant to deal with heartburn and acid reflux..I had this really bad when i was getting ready to divorce my first wife. I would wake up in the middle of the night choking on what felt like liquid fire..was mostly just stress..

snap

ive got the exact same every day and its getting to me. Been like this for months now and am currently on ranitidine. Last night was particularly bad and ive noticed that it can be diet related. Try sipping peppermint tea. Also when eating your meals, eat really slowly.
    Some years ago I went to a homeopath regarding other symptoms and Im thinking of returning to see if I can get something that gives relief.
    How angiebaby described it does gives me some comfort cos that is exactly how I feel so thanks for that it has reassured me.
    Luv Darkangel x

Yep ,me too!It seems very common for folk with anxiety to have this awful persistant digestive problems and it is soooooo painful I am on nexium,they help a bit..have been thru all the other ppi's going I have had barium meals (enemas too )also 3 gastroscopies All they find is inflamation so dont worry about cancer( i was the same by the way )Soda water is good ,it brings your wind up oops pardon me!Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Nigel !
    There's lots of good advice here. Also, try raising the bedhead at night time (but not so you slide off the end of the bed !) - this should help with reflux. Try lots of different relaxation techniques to get your anxiety levels down. Be reassured by your doctor this is NOT cancer - not no way no how !! okay ?
    Be kind to yourself

Aloe vera juice is supposed to be very good for this as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Does anyone get a faster heartbeat when they have this problem with acid reflux and heartburn?

sorry to hear your suffering nigel im the same been bad since i took antibiotics, anyway regarding the h.pylori(helicobacter pylori) infection ask your doctor for the breath test because a blood test only shows if you have the antibodies in your blood and its not definite you have the infection or was previously infected cos the antibodies stay in your blood, a breath test will give you a positive result saying if you are infected or not. dont take acid suppresers for two weeks before doin this though, i would advise anyone with indigestion to have this test done as over half the worlds population have it, and when your stomach starts making to much acid, as in anxiety sufferers the bacteria reacts to the acid and can cause problems, although most people have this bacteria most people live perfectly fine with it. needs ruling out though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information