Thread: Burning nipple

Burning nipple

Hi all.

Last night my left nipple felt like it was burning and it still feels like it today. It looks okay though but I fecking googled it and now I'm terrified of pagets disease and inflammatory breast cancer, even though I read that they are rare.

I'm not pregnant and not breast feeding. I've not had a baby recently or anything like that. I haven't switched detergents, my bra's fit and never had a problem with them, I've not put any new lotions or used anything that I don't regularly use. I think my period will be in a week or so, I'm kinda irregular so it comes when it comes, I never had a burning sensation in nipples (it's just the one that's doing it). Sometimes I get breast tenderness just before a period starts, I get crampy around ovulation but it doesn't tend to affect breasts and a burning nipple is a bit strange.

Please help me calm down :( has anyone else had a burning nipple and it turned out to be nothing? A new one for me!

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Hello? Anyone?

Re: Burning nipple

Hey, so not sure about what it is in your case but when my HA first appeared it was about a breast lump I found and after that was checked & said its fine, I kept getting a burning sensation on the nipple on that side and sometimes around it, it was very incomfortable and sometimes felt a bit itchy but also burning. I was really worried at the time since I didn't yet know health anxiety is a thing and had similar worries like you but with me the whole thing disappeared once I stopped paying attention to it. So I think it may very well be an anxiety thing or because youre thinking about it its making it worse. It might be good to ask your GP about it, but at least in my case it was 100% just anxiety and it was exactly like you described yours.

Thanks for your reply, I feel a bit better knowing someone else has experienced something similar. Thank you!

I'm having this same issue! It's been going on for a week now. Did you find a solution? I'm fearing the sane things.

Ugh back again. It went away but now experiencing stabbing pains in right breast and a burning sensation in that nipple that's been going on for weeks now. My period has come and gone in that time so I'm gonna phone up for a gp appointment and tell them about it as I've waited to see if it was hormone related with the menstrual cycle.

UPDATE

Been to the GP today and she did an examination, all was fine but she said that she believes that I have inflammation in the chest wall behind the breast and the pain and burning sensation that I feel is from that, the pain has just radiated was all.

Quote Originally Posted by adventurine View Post
    UPDATE

Been to the GP today and she did an examination, all was fine but she said that she believes that I have inflammation in the chest wall behind the breast and the pain and burning sensation that I feel is from that, the pain has just radiated was all.
    Glad it ended up not being anything.

Thread Information