Thread: Fingernail abnormality

Fingernail abnormality

Has anyone come across these marks on finger nails before? They are coming from under the nail and not just marks on top of the nail itself and I have not had any trauma to the nails that would have caused these marks. They are yellow incolour and appear to be forming from the cuticle area of the nail. Photos aren't of great quality but thanks for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fingernail abnormality

Quote Originally Posted by Quickcatch View Post
    Has anyone come across these marks on finger nails before? They are coming from under the nail and not just marks on top of the nail itself and I have not had any trauma to the nails that would have caused these marks. They are yellow incolour and appear to be forming from the cuticle area of the nail. Photos aren't of great quality but thanks for any help!
    Yes, almost everybody has them. The moons under your nails are where your nails are currently growing out of. I should know because I realized I had them and wondered if they were part of some disease. A while later I looked at an older picture of my hands on my phone and realized I still had them. There are probably several other people who can vouch for this.

Thread Information