Thread: Took half of zoloft dose late and feeling extremely anxious

Took half of zoloft dose late and feeling extremely anxious

I take 50mg of Zoloft and since I hate taking pills I cut my pill in half so I can take it easier. 2 days ago I only took one half of my pill and forgot about the other half. I noticed the other half around 2 hours later and I took it when I noticed it. I thought everything would be fine but I've just been getting panic attacks out of nowhere. I've been having an existential freakout for the past hour and it just came out of nowhere. I haven't been this anxious in months. Can someone give me support or advice or just something?

Re: Took half of zoloft dose late and feeling extremely anxious

Quote Originally Posted by JxSxNG View Post
    I take 50mg of Zoloft and since I hate taking pills I cut my pill in half so I can take it easier.
    It probably doesn't make much difference. After about a week on a dose Zoloft plasma levels stabilize to a steady-state of around twice the peak level from a single dose and then don't vary much across 24 hours irrespective of whether you take the med in a single, or divided doses (although some seem to do better with divided dosing at the upper end of the dose range).

I noticed the other half around 2 hours later and I took it when I noticed it. I thought everything would be fine but I've just been getting panic attacks out of nowhere.
    A 2 hour delay should not have caused this. The more likely explanations are either you somehow took an extra half a tablet which can increase side-effects, or since Zoloft isn't yet doing anything positive given you've only been on the usual minimum 50mg therapeutic dose for a couple of weeks, your mind saw an opportunity to have some 'fun' based on your aversion to meds and concerns about the delayed dose. Unfortunately, the anxious mind is very adept at using our fears against us. :(

Thread Information