Thread: Please read :(:( 23 years old worried about lymphoma

Please read :(:( 23 years old worried about lymphoma

Hi I have a solid lymph node (think it's a lymph node at the crease between my thigh and groin) in my groin on the right and I mean solid, it's fixed. I'm so scared of cancer, I'm only 23 years old. But this lymph node is worrying me so much, it's also painless which is a terrible sign with it being fixed and hard as well :(:(:( I cut my thigh open a week ago, but I can't see that this lymph node has enlarged because of the cut as it's solid and painless. I've had terrible health anxiety this past year and been to the gp 15+ time. He's just put me on citalopram and propanlol for my anxiety but I genuinely feel this is something serious. Ringing the gp up first thing tomorrow for a same day appointment.

Re: Please read :(:( 23 years old worried about lymphoma

I had a solid, fixed and painless lymph node about 6 weeks ago. It was an occipital node and I'm assuming it was from an allergic reaction i had on my neck. I had it checked out twice and was told to let it be and come back if it gets bigger. It did, I went to a ENT and he said to do the same. It went away. Yours could most definitely be from a cut, but get it checked regardless. It's probably fine so try not to worry. All you can do is take the appropriate measures.

Thanks so much for the reply very relieving knowing someone's had a similar issue. I'm hoping it is from the cut which was about 3 inches across the top of my thigh. GP tomorrow anyways like you said taking the appropriate actions.

Any update?

Thread Information