Thread: Health Anxiety on Holiday

Arrow Health Anxiety on Holiday

Hi All,

I should probably say that I'm 19 years old and from the UK

I've recently embarked on a 4 week trip around Europe, but a few weeks ago I noticed a lump in my breast. Not a lump as such, only that my left rib cage has a breast level rib that sticks out more than on the other side, at least that is how it feels. I had been very busy and had tried to convince myself that as I am so young, this was not worth panicking and rushing to the doctors with (I've spent the whole year in and out for one thing or another and am trying to live my life normally now).

However, now I am away, there is no chance that I could go even if I wanted to, and I have suddenly become very anxious that I have left it longer than I should have and been a bit irresponsible by not going to get it checked straight away.

That said, I need to find a way to make it through my holiday without losing my mind. Any advice on coping with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sarah

P.s. I've definitely learned my lesson, I won't go on holiday without booking an appointment again!

Re: Health Anxiety on Holiday

Ah I have been in this situation before!

How much longer do you have on holiday? Like you said yourself ''its not a lump as such'' so keep telling yourself it is not a lump. Just think about all the other times you have been to the doctors and nothing has ever been wrong and this situation is no different.

There is nothing you can do at this moment until you are home, you said you want to live life normally now, this is your chance to prove to yourself you can! Enjoy your holiday, make memories and don't let your HA beat you with worry all holiday.

Have a great time!

Re: Health Anxiety on Holiday

You will probably find that you won't be able to stop thinking about it. That is the nature of HA. Statistically you are very low risk but is it possible to see a doctor where you are? I think that is the only way you will be able to put it out of your mind.

Thread Information