Thread: Anxious Ash saying a big hello

Anxious Ash saying a big hello

Hi all,

Signed up to the forum a few days ago and have found the content quite reassuring that I'm not the only one going through this.

A little about me, I'm a 29 y/o male currently battling with panic disorder, GAD and HA. Although I have always been able to keep on top of my anxiety about 4 months ago life events got a little overwhelming and caused me to crash allowing the panic/anxiety take over. I have now found myself dreading each day and living in constant fear that there is something physically wrong with me (have huge HA about heart).

I ultimately hit crisis point last week after numerous visits to the GP only to be shrugged off and told to increase my medication (currently on 45mg Mirtazipine & 20mg Propranolol which I don't feel is helping). I feel ever so let down by system, there seems to be such a lack of mental health support in my area so really hoping that being on this forum will help me defeat this demon.

Looking forward to speaking with you all.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Ash J and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Anxious Ash saying a big hello

Hi Ash

I am going through almost the same thing as you I have suffered with Anxiety and Panic Attacks for about 10 years now. Most of the time I can manage to keep control of my panic and a lot of the time I even forget its there.

However in the last 2 weeks I had one massive panic attack that came out of no where while i was at work that has sent me on a downward spiral again. I am trying my best to control it and keep positive. At the minute I am not on any meds but fearing I a may end up going back onto them.

It makes me feel comforted to know that I am not the only person feeling like this and that there is help out there.

It would be great to talk to you

Hi Ash and welcome

Yes, I know what you're going through with the stresses, major stresses that lead us to fall over the edge, anxiety wise as it were.

Mental health provision is so patchy and poor in this country, it's a real shame!!! It disappoints me, epseically when we're now being encouraged to talk about depression and anxiety. The campaigns are great but, we need the services as well!

I hope this forum an the wider nomorepanic website can try and fill a needed gap in the help that you need. We shouldn't have to suffer and let anxiety control our lives yet, we do need help in setting ourselves right again

Best of luck to you
    Justin

Thanks for the replies guys, it is nice to know we aren't alone with dealing with these issues.

@AgueroHazard10 - I know how you completely feel mate. I was managing some what up until last Monday then out the blue while walking home from work I had a massive panic attack that just stopped me in my tracks which lasted for 4 hours, really was terrible. Since then it's just completely had a good over me so had to be signed off work ect, really hate this.

ash I went through same thing 5yr ago I still get the odd anxiety attack but i went on confidence buliding course in my community, and this site helped loads I thought my live was over when my ex walked out on me after 6yrs years together it came out of the blue leaving me with huge debts he had built up, I ended up in hospital with a break down police found me aftergoing missing for 48hrs I was in a state, but with help and support I much better dnt need here as much, sorted thedebts have a amazing partner and doing ok at my job, I still use here tohelp other ppl and while some ppl it end of the world at mo thinks do get better. Message me if you need a chat x
    Regards
    Cath

Thread Information