Thread: random wierd thoughts OCD?

random wierd thoughts OCD?

hi there'
    was wondering if you could shed some light as to if you think this is part of ocd/pure o.

i sometimes get these really wierd thoughts like when im speaking about someone or something i'll know the word im loking for but my mind will tell me another name/word. i never say the wrong word but its in my conciousness.

i also worry that sometimes i think of my bf as a girl, this is really odd. especially as ii used to be a leasbian (the same used to pop into my head with her, worrying that i wanted her to be or thought of her as a boy). its like i'll kiss him or touch him or talk to him and then all of a sudden my brain will go "oh my god were you jsut thinking of him as a girl or imagining he was a girl?!"

also i keep getting this wierd...sensation i suppose, not really a sexuakl image or thought, just a wierd sensation in my mind that i am attracted to or turned on by something, it can be completely random thigs, i cant quite explain it.

does anyone have this?

Lou

Re: random wierd thoughts OCD?

I'm not really sure, But yeah the first thing you mentioned is something I notice about myself sometimes, But instead of thinking the word I actually say it allowed - Its when Im nervous really.
    I've never experienced the 2nd part but I understand, well I cant possibly understand how you feel but I know what ya mean - its not a bad thing cos after all you still care about your bf, Your memories of having a female realtionship are still planted in your mind and your o.c.d is making sure it sticks there.
    To be turned on by random things might just be your mind getting confused about happiness, Like - You see a nice flower and you think "wow thats really pretty!" in a plutonic way, but your mind thinks overwise and confuses you, that happens with me sometimes (well not with sexual things but that doesnt matter) But with other stuff which is hard to describe lol.
    sorry If I am stating the obvious, I just like explaining things just in case it helps someone.
    But to summarise - Dont worry, there is nothing wrng with the way you think, it may not be the way others think but who cares
    Last edited by CatterpillarPuppy; 21-06-07 at 20:25.

Hi ou,
    don't feel as if it's weird or scary, it's part of anxiety. I have exactly the same thing and it's really confusing and awful. I sometimes feel as if I'm turned on when I'm not, if that makes any sense, and I can understand how strange this is!
    I was told by my psych that my disorder (panic disorder) means that I misread my bodies signals and tend to obsess about things, my obsessions range from sexual confusion fears to paedophilia to simply being suffocated or dying and all of them stimulate this terrifying fear and panic...it's normal what we're feeling, it's all a part of the weird and wodnerful world of anxiety disorders, so please don't get too worried about them...

laura thanks so much for your reply its like spot on what i feel! its so comforting hearing others with the same problem if you get what i mean!

Thread Information