Hello everybody. I've been making a few posts around here recently, and been worried about neurological conditions such as MS and ALS.

It all started with my finger twitching about a month ago, followed by perceived stiffness in my finger. I've become incredibly observant of the manual dexterity of both of my hands- and finally I realised that my left index finger (the one that was twitching) was skinnier than my right index finger. I'd been adamant to not go the doctors, as I'd been quite a few times in the past year for no good reason, and thought that if I could overcome it without needing Doctors re-assurance it could be a step towards beating my health anxiety. I've actually spent the last week, or so, avoiding looking at my left finger as it makes me incredibly anxious, however today I could resist no longer and looked which immediately set off my anxiety. The finger itself isn't much thinner overall, just thinner in one part- but this fact is unbearable to my and so I have just made an appointment to see a doctor.

Apart from being disappointed for my lack of resolve, my appointment isn't until next Thursday, and I'm not sure how I'll cope in the run up. Lastly, I still feel somewhat silly going and trying to explain my concerns "My finger was twitching a month or so ago and stopped soon after, however now obsessed with said finger which appears to be slightly thinner".

I suppose I just crave reassurance too much.

Does anybody here think I made a mistake making the appointment? I'm not sure what I want to do at this point, because one one hand I am terrified at the prospects of something being wrong, and yet at the same time am annoyed at myself for making the appointment. I suppose I could always talk to my Doctor about my anxiety if it came to it, but I know if I went I'd have to talk about my finger.