Thread: Lethargic, cold sweats anxiety back with a vengeance

Lethargic, cold sweats anxiety back with a vengeance

Hi all,

So I had quite a stressful meeting at work on Wednesday and thought I would be armed well enough to deal with the anxiety/stress so off I went to this meeting with my clonidine, and 20mg valium. Well nothing worked, I sat there anxious as fcuk, sweat pissing out of me and rapid thoughts.... ever since then I am out of sync. I can't stop sleeping, I have stopped the clonidine( only took it for 2 weeks) I also recently stopped prednisolone and obviously the diazepam is a one off so before Wednesday I took one a week before that. I had to pull up the car cause of panic and anxiety... anyone got any advice on what is happening with me? I can't stop cold sweating, dizzy and just feel like shit? Diazepam does nothing at all , quetiapine and mirtazapine don't do nothing literally not a thing :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Lethargic, cold sweats anxiety back with a vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Benjammin69 View Post
    I can't stop cold sweating, dizzy and just feel like shit? Diazepam does nothing at all , quetiapine and mirtazapine don't do nothing literally not a thing :-(
    I think your first move should be to have a complete check up to eliminate any other potential causes. If nothing is found then your entire med regime needs to be reevaluated, preferably by a psychiatrist. None of the meds you're on are long-term first tier anxiety meds, they aren't even really second or third tier, nor have any that you've tried recently been.

Plus, as I think I've mentioned before, your two main meds, quetiapine and mirtazapine both do almost exactly the same thing. Just taking a higher dose of one would achieve much the same outcome as taking both, which for you seems to be not that much anyway.

Doctors do keep saying it could be an infection etc etc and that it could also be a side effect of quetiapine it makes your blood sugar etc up and down :-(

Doctors do keep saying it could be an infection etc etc
    Aren't there tests which can confirm it, one way or the other.

and that it could also be a side effect of quetiapine it makes your blood sugar etc up and down :-(
    One of the reasons I think using antipsychotics (and mirtazapine) is nutz. And to quote NICE:

Do not offer an antipsychotic for the treatment of generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) in primary care.

Sedating antihistamines or antipsychotics should not be prescribed for the treatment of panic disorder. Which pretty much rules out both meds.

Yeah neither of them help at all with anxiety or panic they have just stopped he suicidal depression which comes with the anxiety. I have been in therapy since October nothing seems to fix my anxiety if I'm honest. Therapy, benzodiazepine, antihistamine, antipsychotics or antidepressants. It's just a way of life at the moment

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Aren't there tests which can confirm it, one way or the other.

One of the reasons I think using antipsychotics (and mirtazapine) is nutz. And to quote NICE:

Do not offer an antipsychotic for the treatment of generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) in primary care.

Sedating antihistamines or antipsychotics should not be prescribed for the treatment of panic disorder. Which pretty much rules out both meds.

PDU - could it be withdrawal from clonidine? I have been taking clonidine for about 2 weeks 0.5mcg and I have just stopped - it's either that or the reduction in steroids again :-(

Therapy, benzodiazepine, antihistamine, antipsychotics or antidepressants.
    What antidepressants have you tried, at what doses and why did you stopped taking each, ineffective, side-effects?

could it be withdrawal from clonidine? I have been taking clonidine for about 2 weeks 0.5mcg and I have just stopped
    It's not a med I've come across before so I don't know, but I doubt it given you haven't been on it long. It has only a short half-life so any withdrawal symptoms would usually begin within 24-36 hours. Anyway you were still taking it on Wednesday so withdrawal shouldn't have been a factor.

Thread Information