Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Scared & alone :-(

Unhappy Help! Scared & alone :-(

Ok, so this isn't my first time with Prozac.
    Last few I was younger so my parents managed my side effects & tbh I cannot remember that far back.
    The last time I was on a this drug was is 2013 but I tapered off one sari on to this so noticed little to no difference plus I had a newborn & was suffering with sever PND so any side effects would have been masked by the job in hand of dealing with a newborn!!

So back on Prozac, day 7.
    Due to bad depression brought on by migraine attacks since 3 April. Now under neurologist awaiting my CT scan on 24 Aug.
    Dr thinks by upping my mood it 'may' help my head. Either way I'm so depressed I know I need something to help medication wise or I think I'd be comin to the end of a dark dark place.. :-(

Help needed re side effects,

First few days felt OK! Started meds last Tuesday by Sunday was a mess anxious panicked, sick to my stomach, back ache, tired but can't sleep. Now on day 7 and scared it'll never end. Praying these side effects will lessen.
    My job is a Les Mills Fitness Instructor & right now I can't do a thing let along be a Mum ride a bike.
    Please tell me these side effects will start to ease off slowly Day by day????

I take my meds as instructed at night.

Xx

Re: Help! Scared & alone :-(

I don't know anything about Prozac, but I want to send you good wishes.

You have a job, you have children, you have a bike. You have access to meds and you have supportive parents. You have a lot in your life. You're lucky

Hope the side effects get better for you. x

Quote Originally Posted by RRogers38 View Post
    Please tell me these side effects will start to ease off slowly Day by day????
    They almost always do within a couple of weeks, though they may be a little slower to do so because of the very long Prozac half-life.

First few days felt OK! Started meds last Tuesday by Sunday was a mess anxious panicked, sick to my stomach, back ache, tired but can't sleep.
    All these are fairly common initial SSRI side-effects. A small 15mg dose of mirtazapine (Remeron) could ease the heightened anxiety and being usually very sedating help with the insomnia too. It may also speed up the Prozac kick-in a little too. The usual remedies may help with the upset stomach as should ginger and/or vitamin B6 if nausea is also an issue and paracetamol would be better for back pain than aspirin and the other NSAID painkillers such as ibuprofen.

So day 8, nausea lessening. Still anxious. Seeing doc tomorro. Take diazepam for the panic attacks which helps. Spoke to Doc on Monday who said worse side effects lessen after 1-2 weeks although I won't feel full effects of Prozac for 4-6 weeks due to its cumulative effect in the body/brain.
    I'm still waiting & dealing with bother some back pain. I take anidin extra combo of paracetamol & aspirin which also helps with migraines & headaches!

Just watch to feel a bit better so I can at least go back to work :-(
    Being self emp obv means I'm now worried the money due to no sick/hol pay which in term doesn't help anxiety

I'm going to give Prozac time. As my mum said I defo looked brighter today. I'll take that. Even if I didn't feel it, she knows me better than any- hey!

Thanks 4 ur support! Really helps xx

Success stories motivate to push thro the pain of the hard early days!!

Ok, I have a success story - I'm also self employed, and I'm not depressed any more. I survived. I was a bit more careful with money but I didn't run out. With money, we always find a way to make it work. I managed to work just enough to cover my costs. It's possible and you have even more support than I did - you're going to be ok.

I've been on citalopram and it worked for me.

Good luck!

Thank you :-)

Saw doc this am. Gave me some more diazepam to take when panic attacks rise. Said each day I should find side effects will lessen. Back to see him next week.

I'm a couple of days behind you and the main symptoms are nausea, cramps, extreme tiredness and a very dry mouth.

I also wake up like clockwork at 1am with a massive anxiety attack. Have paced around the house in the darkness a few nights and the symtoms ease off after an hour or so.

I'm like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, don't want to fall asleep at night as I know the exact repeat my anxiety will have the next day.

Hang on in there, Fluox works wonders when it eventually kicks in!

Milk x

Quote Originally Posted by milkcarton View Post
    I also wake up like clockwork at 1am with a massive anxiety attack. Have paced around the house in the darkness a few nights and the symtoms ease off after an hour or so.
    Try changing the time of day you take the fluoxetine. In theory it shouldn't make any difference, in practice is sometimes does.

As Panic_down_Under has said, its takes time to work, 3 months in my case and the side effects can be awful, but will ease.

The backache could be caused through tight muscles, as we get anxious we tighten up and this can cause several things to give backache. In my case, the muscles supporting the spine would tighten and contract, causing a disc to bulge slightly, right next to a nerve, oh what joy. Massage fixed it and I purchased a Thumper, this lightly punches your muscles to get them to relax, it work too. But I am sure a massage roller will achieve the same thing.

Drink fluids or chew gum for the dry mouth, ulcers thrive in dry mouths.

Pain killers for back pain??? It's killing me :-( what's the most effective to help me ease this back ache??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information