Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: josephine

josephine

this is my first time at this.

i am 38 and am married wth an 11 year old son. I have suffered from anxiety since i was about 9 yrs old. i find social situations very difficult even with close friends sometimes. i avoid social things as much as possible even though part of me really wants to get out there and join in. i have tried beta blockers, valium and cbt but it is still ruining my life. i am not working , i panic just thinking about getting a job. i spend most of my time at home. its where i feel safe.

i am tired of feeling like a misfit and hiding my anxiety incase anyone sees how i am really feeling.

does anyone else suffer from blushing/flushing? I have for the last 6 years and it is destroying my life. dont know what to do anymore.

hope to hear from you soon.

josephine

Re: josephine

Hi Josephine,

to NMP

You will soon meet lots of new friends who are there to support you however good or bad you're feeling. We all know what it's like so you now have a place where you don't have to hide the anxiety. I find social situations difficult too and have done cbt as well. The most important lesson I learned was to pace yourself and move forwards with small steps.

Take care,

Hi Josephine and welcome along to this site

Although i cant relate personally with blushing/flushing or social anxiety, I am sure there will be others on here who can.

This is a great site for supporting each other and sharing how you feel.

Take care

Luv Darkangel

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi Josephine,
    Welcome to the site lots of lovely people on here with help and support, hope to catch you soon take care love Gail xxx

A big welcome to the site.

Piglet

Hi and welcome

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Josephine, to you!

I've blushed all my life - and now at my age I flush as well!! Never rains but it pours eh?!

It still bothers me a bit, but not half as much as it used too - this site has helped me greatly with any social anx I had.

You'll get lots of help and support here!

Hi josephine

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here and lots of support too.

Hugs

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Josephine,

Welcome to the site. You will find alot of information, support and will make many friends here. I used to blush like crazy when I was younger but not so much nowadays. I'm sure there is someone here that can realte though.

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information