hello

my main problem is i go really red and blotchy whenever i talk to most people. apart from my parents, my husband and son. So u can imagine any social situation is mortifying. Especially things like parents evenings, school functions and other things when u want to come across as being in control.

I have found that i have become trapped in a viscious circle. I fear going red more than anything even the social situation itself. I have learnt to deal with the other symptoms over the years, shaking, low self esteem , feeling generally anxious all the time but i cannot deal with this. it has totally taken over my life.

I get it even with friends and i feel so stupid. My familt tell me not to worry and that no one notices but they do because they say so.

The only thing that helps is atenolol but after 2 years on it ifelt so ill i had to stop. Although i have very high bp icannot take beta blockers on a long term basis.

I am fed up being trapped and controlled by my body. Does any one feel the same as me or have any advice on how to get out of this trap?

hope to hear from u soon

josephine