Thread: Still feeling rough

Still feeling rough

Hi guys,

Just needed to vent again so apologies for the blurb that follows.

Feel so strange this past few days but couldn't work out what it is - until I realised that I was supposed to have a counselling session last week. I couldn't make it with work and my counsellor is away this week so I have put it back till next week.

Wondering if it's that that has thrown me - as although I enjoyed my sessions and knew they were doing me good - I never really appreciated how much I rely on them (I've only been doing them for a few months).

Anyway, basically I think just because I've missed that monthly "chat" (for the want of a better word) and the chance to express my feelings and thoughts, that it's caused my anxiety to return.

I hope it is just that because hopefully when I go back next week I'll be feeling better. At least I know now always to keep to my appointments.

Just feel so desperate, feel like the ground has been taken away from me again -all the old anxieties are returning, worries about my son and everytime I read a sad story or something in the paper I feel the tears in my eyes.

I was walking around Tesco the other night and there was a little kid having a temper tantrum as he wanted something and he was crying away to his mam and dad saying "I want this toy" and he looked so sad that I could have honestly wept right there and then (in the freezer aisle!). I have a 3 year old myself and I know what toddler tantrums are but for some reason it really got to me and I hate seeing him upset, even though I didn't know him !

What's going on with my hormones at the minute ?

Argh! I hate this, I wish it would end. Must be light at the end of the tunnel - please ??!!

hi mel, its a long time sinc e i posted on here. It seems like your depressed again, are you taking any thing for it? or it could be hormones, speak to your doc. You do sound down but then i get days like that and its just a off day, it will be ok, love april x

apriltones

Hi April,

Thanks for your reply. How are you doing ?

I am taking sertraline so not sure what's going on - like you say, could be an off period. I've had terrible PMT this week so not sure if it's linked to that.

Hopefully just a blip, but hate it so much as it feels like I've made no progress since I felt this bad 6 months ago. Although deep down I know I have, just maybe need to accept I will have relapses.

:-)

hello there,

It's normal for people who suffer with anxiety to be more emotional than people who don't. I was emotional for quite a few months and it faded away as I started to deal with my panic attacks. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it's just a phase and will go away gradually...

Sarah

Thread Information