Thread: Just Wierd

Just Wierd

Hi there.

Just wondered if anyone ever just doesnt 'feel right'? I have no particularly nasty symptoms today - just a general jitteriness, slight unrealness, on edge a bit.

Am so used to having something to focus on such as maybe im having a..... heart attack/stroke/fit.... bla bla. So I think i should feel ok if theres nothing major to spend my time worrying about.

Im able to be distracted, but as soon as the distraction is over - im jolted back into feeling naff again.

I find the way im feeling today quite worrying in a bizarre kind of way! Is this a common thing?

Thanks, julieG

'It's not what happens to you its how you deal with it'.

Re: Just Wierd

Hiya
    Yeah i get like that alot. Really only thing i can suggest is distraction, exercise and tring to relax.
    Blackie

Yep, sort of 'jumpy' and don't quite know why sort of feeling.

I find concentrating on something, no matter how trivial, helps to bring your thoughts back into line with reality.

Main thing is,in my opinion, is try not to think on it too much - this just seems to feed the anxiety hamster in the excercise wheel !!

Hi Julie,

I get this quite frequently as well. I'd agree with the others, and say that distracting yourself as much as you can seems to be the best means of dealing with it. Hope it passes soon anyway. Take care,

Scarlett

Hi

I get this too. I can feel on edge all the time like I'm waiting for something to happen - like anticipating another panic attack. But then I can't win because if I don't feel anything at all, then that doesn't feel right either because I'm so used to feeling anxious. To me it feels like my mind has mixed up all my emotions, that it's telling me that feeling anxious is the way I'm supposed to be and any "good" feelings are wrong!

Unfortunately it's all part of anxiety and ignoring it and distraction are the only ways to get rid of it, which is really easy to write but a lot harder to actually do! It takes a lot of practice.

Julie

Hiya. Yeah, I get this sometimes. Mostly if I've been having a bad time with PAs. Your body is recovering from the stress and strain that panic & anxiety put it through. It takes a while to recover physically. Your body will feel like it has been through an ordeal and needs to rest. You will soon feel better.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hiya julieG, I can totally relate to wat your saying, the way describe it is the feeling you get wen u r waiting to ring the docs for test results or wen u were a little kid and knew u had done something wrong and were going to get told off! I often feel jittery inside and feel anxious and dont have a clue why and my head just feels very busy like theres lots going on in there even wen im trying to relax. The body sure is a complex thing!!! Its good to know yor not alone in this tho take care tracey xxx

Thread Information