Thread: Permission to rant

Permission to rant

I have been on Duloxetine for9 months on different doses and still not right. 8 weeks ago I saw a NHS shrink who was very nice and suggested I stayed on the dosage for the time being and in the mean time have an ECG and a full blood test especially as i have thyroid probs. I had these last week as my next shrink apt was today, the gps receptionist assured me they had faxed the results thro ,in fact the sec,came out especially to say so.

Anyway i was all of a do dah this morning before the apt as i wanted a med change but scared about that at the same time. When i got in, he hadnt got the results on the file so therefore hadnt looked at them!!
    said there was no point in changing meds as I'd been on so many since seroxat. Wants to refer me to a psychologist to be assessed for CBT but the occ theripist has already told me after one visit i do everything possible to fight the fear and there was nothing more she could teach me. So what the heck can CBT do????

The fact i do have good days seem to mean that I am better than i was but this is no life on the roller coaster as I told him.

He then said as I am older it may be taking longer to work???

Today the anx is soaring but yesterday I was on a Church outing and the life and soul.

Any suggestions???

Yours in despair at least today

Love Joy

Re: Permission to rant

Hi Joy,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Can I ask why they can't put you back on seroxat? I think it's daft the doc saying that because you are older the duloxetine will take longer to work-it's been 9 whole months now!!! It's meant to be one of the faster acting ones too-supposedly you should see results within one to four weeks! I can understand why you're despairing when they muck you around with your results.

When did you come off seroxat? I know you've been on dulox for a while but did you give any of the others long enough to see whether they worked? CBT is about teaching you to fight the fear which you seem to be doing anyhow but maybe it might understand why you became anxious in the first place.

i tried seroxat again last year and it not only didnt work it had severe side effects which never happened before. I stuck it for 8 weeks or so and the same with the others. of course the shrinks wont believe the side effects and say it was the illness as if i didnt know the difference.

Love Joy

Joy

Don't give up on the CBT route just yet - ask for some more treatment.

Do you think it was a waste of time and you did all you could?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

nicola

Havent had it yet the cbt,just now waiting for assessment.Just that all i've read etc doesnt seem to apply to me re negative thoughts etc.

Love Joy

Hi Joy,

Think the cbt is still worth a shot - then you know you've tried. I'm waiting to be assessed for this too!!

Perhaps for now try and go with the flow of anxiety - you obviously have some really good days and I would try and let these boost your confidence that things are on the up!!

Love Piglet

piglet

Somehow the bad days overshadow the good instead of the other way round so maybe CBT or summat could help with that anyway,or brainwashing maybe!!!!!

evey time i have 3 good days or so it crashes and i get so disappointed and i'm coming to the point i cant do this forever.#

Love Joy

Thread Information