Thread: Contraceptive implant

Contraceptive implant

Hi everyone.
    New here, but have suffered with health anxiety for about 15 yrs now. But im slightly different where i DONT go to the docs & have avoidence problems with health. If i think i feel a lump i avoid it & get in a state. Anyway i had some counselling a few urs back because before that i was at the docs every week atleast! the counselling turned me the other way. I am petrified of doctors.
    Does anyone have the contraceptive implant in their arm and if so have you had any weird symptoms? Ive had it about 7 months now & mt moods are all over the place. I have spotting all the time, i didnt get anything for the first 5 months it was great! Why has it started now?
    Any advice would be gratefully received on it.
    xxx

Re: Contraceptive implant

Hi there

I don't know much about it to be honest but wanted to welcome you aboard and hopefully someone else will come along with some advice on it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Don't know much about implants either, but I do know that a while back, when I was on the pill, I got spotting when I needed a higher dose pill. I know you don't like docs, but I do think you need to go back and get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by cattttt View Post
    Don't know much about implants either, but I do know that a while back, when I was on the pill, I got spotting when I needed a higher dose pill. I know you don't like docs, but I do think you need to go back and get it sorted out.
    Hi folks. yes to be honest hes alright this gp, and i dont mind going there if its a non illness thing if that makes sense. He fitted this implant. I am going to go see him about maybe using something different.
    Thanks for your advice.
    xxx

Thread Information