Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surely Chemical ?

Surely Chemical ?

Hiya

Everything is fine. No worries. Nothing on my mind. Been feeling pretty chilled to be honest.

SO why is my head feeling wrecked?

I feel dizzy and anxious and I can't seem to concentrate on much. Eptopic beats have been bothering me for the last 2 days. I know it will pass, its not stressing me (good ole Claire Weekes, just accept don't fight).

The reason for the post though, does anyone else feel its purely some chemical imbalance kicking in and out not effected by an outside influence?

I can't even say I have been stressed, busy yes, but not stressed.

I know it can't be a food or drink, as I can go months with low anxiety levels and my diet is no different.

10 years and still none the wiser, then again I never could finish a rubiks cube and thats easier to work out than this .

Jaco

Re: Surely Chemical ?

When you find out the answer to this be sure to pm me!

I am 7 years into this anxiety beast and still have no easy answers as to why when you feeling relatively okayish you can then get all or some the symptoms again.

Like you I've had the old funny heartbeats one again, off and on this year, despite being much better in my approach to them - again thanks to Claire Weekes for that and Meg too.

Jaco did I ever tell you that Meg says to try and view palpitations and the like as no more annoying than a run of sneezes. For some reason that analogy has really really helped!!

I guess accepting that we have a sensitive system prone to agitation quite readily, is half the battle. We can't delete anxiety from our lives but we can learn to manage it - the same way migraine sufferers etc have to manage their symptoms.

We need to cut ourselves some slack.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and read my encyclopedias - quizzes don't just win themselves you know!

Piglet

wow yer

I like that about the palpitations, just cause its the heart, when I sneeze, I don't worry my nose will stop working (no smelling awful jokes please)!!!!

I would be telling fibs if I said the eptopics don't bother me just a wee wee bit but I do like that statement, cheers

I am sure it will pass, its been a couple of days now and it never lasts forever (just seems like it).

The only thing that has given me joy lately was kicking your butt at the quiz

That analogy has made me feel a little better, cheers my girl

Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    The only thing that has given me joy lately was kicking your butt at the quiz
    Aww bless - delusional, quite quite delusional!!

Piglet

Hi Jaco,

yes sometimes I wonder if its chemical too...I've had a rough couple of weeks with anxiety too...and cant think of a a specific reason why...I had a couple of days where I was a complete mess. And I can understand why the ectopics bother you....I've had them for years and they still freak me out sometimes.

I spoke to my psychologist about the anxiety and his advice was to constantly 'check' youself for signs that your becoming anxious (tense neck and shoulders, breathing, racing heart etc) so that you 'catch' it before it escalates, and then practice your breathing, muscle relaxation etc. Easier said than done though...I have noticed though that I can be very tense and not even realise until its too late....so maybe the checking and self awareness is a good thing. I am absolutely rubbish at relaxation excercises though, but I'm hoping practice makes perfect.

One more thing...surely your team lifting the Scottish Cup brought you a tiny bit of joy lol?

Coni X

Hi Jaco

Sorry to hear you have bad time at the moment. Ive been like this for 10 years now and Ive always kept diaries and cbt sheets of my feelings and thougths and symptoms. Ive been feeling anxious again and I find looking back through my stuff helps me to see just how far I have come. I still freak when I get certain symptoms and if I cant find a logical reason then it makes it worse. I think its just the type of person I am. I will be honest there is not a day goes by that I dont feel unwell even when I dont seem to be stressed about anything - guess our minds hold on to past memories and remind us now and again. I try and accept what is there and give it no power - if you are like me when you get a symptom that particulary scares you then we focus on it and we give it power and before we know it, it has grown legs and taken off! Or maybe thats just me lol.

Congrats on Celtic win yesterday - my boyfriend not a happy bunny he a Pars supporter - enough said

Take care and hope this passes

Darkangel

Jaco sorry you've been feeling bad lately. I'm not sure whether chemical imbalance is to blame or not, I wish I did know!

However you do mention about being bothered with those ectopic heartbeats again and although you say you aren't stressed, is it possible we get stressed sometimes and just don't recognise it?

I get tons of times when my head feels dizzy and crappy and often can't find a reason for it. Today for instance I am feeling anxious as I've been having a lot of indigestion and although I keep telling myself I'm not worrying about, I'm sure subconsiously I probably am

Hope you feel better soon Jaco

Hi Jaco,

Sorry you haven't been feeling great lately. I definitely think it is chemical. Depression is so why not anxiety? I have had this all my life, for me it did not come out of the blue so that is probably why I have such a strong feeling on this issue. I have learned to live with it (and migraines, double whammy) but at 49 doubt it will one day just disappear. I will say, however, with maturity comes more understanding and knowledge after dealing with it for so many years.

Laura

Coni, the mighty hoops winning did put a smile on my face

Thanks for the advice, I, like you can't do the relaxation exercise thing but I should be aware of the tense feelings but never am until its too late.

Dark Angel, I did want CBT but was never offered, I think they must save it for all the English down here, they still have a grudge about Robert the Bruce . Sorry your boyfriend is a Pars fan, yer right

Lyn my good friend, how many convo's over the last few years have we had about symptoms lol

Belle my girl, don't say words like maturity, if being mature is the cure I am stuffed

Seriously thanks to all of you, its kinda comforting to get some feed back when things are a little grey.

I am not too bad now, its later (as you know Lyn, the later in the day the better I feel). I went for a walk in the rain, and strummed the ole guitar when I got back so not feeling too bad now.

All I need to do now, is not think ahead and worry I will feel like crap again tomorrow morning

TY

Jaco

Thought you could do with a big ug......... so 'yer 'tis !!........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information