Ok

This is going to sound really strange. When I was taking Paroxetine from 2000 to 2006, every now and then I'd get strange thoughts mainly when I was driving - for example - I could just drive my car off the road. I wasn't suicidal - it was simply as if the thought occured to me and then I started over focusing on it. Btw I never did drive my car off the road.

2 days ago I was driving on the A1 when this thought came to me again - this time however, it was a lot stronger, I couldn't shake it off and I started to panic. My whole body tensed and I was scared I was going to lose control of the car - so much so I had to pull up sharply on the hard shoulder and get my mum to take over. The same thing happened again yesterday when i drove 3 miles down the road to a friends. I've never had problems driving, i'm not over keen on motorways and don't drive on them a lot but i've never had to stop (dangerous or what). I'm taking Venlafaxine 225mg at the moment. I'm concerned the medications may be putting these thoughts into my head and because my anxiety isn't as well controlled as it was when I was on Paroxetine i'm panicking.

Before being on medications I never had these thoughts and would drive on motorways apprehensively but still get on with it. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same. The last thing I need now is to develop a driving phobia out of no-where.

Cassie