Thread: Dvla Help!!!!

Dvla Help!!!!

Don't know if there is anyone out there with this problem as i have never heard about it but since i got my blue badge my husband has bought me a cheap little run around to try and get me out of the house. This morning he left me all the cars details with instructions to phone round insurance companies for quotes, well the first call well and truly threw me as the lady asked me "did i have any physical or mental illnes" there was no point lying and it doesn't bother me anymore telling people so i just automatically said "yes i have agoraphobia and panic attacks" it went all quiet and she said she would have to speak to her supervisor and put me on hold then she came back and asked me if i had phoned the dvla to inform them, well i just panicked and said yes, now i am terrified that they will check it out. I have never had this problem before as i passed my test just before my anxiety started and i have never had my own insurance i've just been a named driver on my husbands insurance. Has anyone else had this problem as i don't know now wether to leave it or phone the dvla, but i'm worried that they would want me to take my test again to prove that i am capable and it was stressfull enough the first time around when i didn't worry i couldn't do it again. I was so excited last night when my husband fetched the car and he has even booked half a days holiday today so he can take me out round by where we live to get some confidence back, no i am dreading it in case i am not legally allowed to drive. HELP!!!!!

Jacq x

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Re: Dvla Help!!!!

hi dont worry about this.

When I was renewing my car insurance a few years ago they asked me this and all I had to do was notify the DVLA. I got a letter back saying that I was safe to drive and I just keep it on file and show it to my insurers. My premuims didnt go up. Not many people do advise but I think its best cos if you were involved in a accident due to a panic attack then you are covered.

Hi

I also contacted the DVLA regarding my driving as i suffer with Agorophobia, like Darkangel they sent me a letter back saying i was fit to drive.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

I don't think you will have any problems Jacq. I asked my doctor years ago about whether I was fit to drive being on meds and also having agoraphobia and she said I was fine and that there was no need to even inform the DVLA.

Thread Information