Thread: I'm scared of ovarian cancer

I'm scared of ovarian cancer

I'm a 17 year old girl and for the past 7ish months, my period has gone wack! I started spotting between periods (which stopped with this last cycle) and I get on and off stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen. I went to the doctors and they didn't seem worried and said it was most likely ovulation bleeding. They also checked my thyroid levels and did a CBC. Since then, my cycles have been very inconsistent, ranging from 32 to 46 days and my periods have gotten lighter/shorter. I've noticed that when I stop thinking about the pain and worry about ovarian cancer, the pains go away and I feel normal. I'm also virgin and not on any birth control. Ive been doing the worst thing possible and googling stuff and now I'm convinced I have ovarian cancer!! I just need some reassurance before I go crazy with worry.

Re: I'm scared of ovarian cancer

Hey
    It is very very very unlikely it is ovarian cancer. At your age, periods can be all over the place. Mine were. I remember having to go onto the pill just to regulate them. Have you thought about that? You dont need to be having sex to go on birth control - it can be used to regulate periods. And your doc is right - ovulation pains ans spotting can actually be normal. x

Thread Information