Thread: Could blister end up infected?

Could blister end up infected?

Bought a new pair of shoes the other day and I've got quite wide feet,they felt fine within the first wee while but then started to hurt and ended up getting a few blisters. There's one on the side of my foot which has gotten worse over today even though I wore different and more comfy shoes. When I got home and took my shoes off there was black bits of what looked like sock under the blister and I tried to get most of it out as I didn't want it to heal with things under it as it could get infected so I had to peel it back a bit to get it out so it's not got skin covering it. Now I've read (stupidly) about a boy who got sepsis from a blister and now I'm at my wits end! I've covered it all up nicely with a blister plaster and I'm off work tomorrow so won't be wearing shoes in the house. I'm just so worried about sepsis or something how should I treat the blister?

Re: Could blister end up infected?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee1875 View Post
    how should I treat the blister?
    They can get infected so clean it with an antiseptic and apply an anti-bacterial (neosporin etc.) and you'll be fine

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Cover it with some antibiotic cream and a plaster if you are very scared. Then wear socks. Don't worry about bits of sock getting in a blister or sore. Your body will take care of it and it won't just stay there.

Thanks guys. Wish I never peeled it I didn't know you weren't suppose to do that! I've covered it just now and gave it a wash out,I'll take the plaster off tomorrow and wash it again and probably air it and cover it again. I don't want to look things up as I'll end up in a bad place

Thread Information