Thread: Post nasal drip or lung probs?

Post nasal drip or lung probs?

Hi, I have a very intermittent cough and some funny niggles in my chest and pains in my chest/back. I seem to remember I accidentally inhaled some rice a few weeks ago which caused me to choke/cough for ages. Any idea as to whether that could be the reason for the pain? The cough is very random and hacking. I thought at first it was with post nasal drip as I do get that.

Re: Post nasal drip or lung probs?

Anyone had this or similar please?

Re: Post nasal drip or lung probs?

Man, am I going through lung issues! I am having post nasal drip, scratchy throat, throat clearing, plus wheezing and persistent cough following every minor cold for about a year now. I had xray last Oct and then CT in Jan (CT ordered b/c of suspected blood clot dur to elevated d dimer), both clear. they said, I am of course worried about lung cancer. I don't have any recollection of aspirating anything so I know that's not it for me, lol.

I am at the point with this that I just need to get to the doctor and have somebody more than NP investigating this. I want LC ruled out and then some answwer as to why this keeps happening and what I can do about it. The coughing is driving me crazy and a half.

I did just read today that perimenopause can be linked to respiratory decline, and I am definitely in perimenopause, so I am REALLY hoping that is all it is.

But, as with anything health, these are all just guesses until you see a doctor who takes the time to get to the bottom of it.

Thread Information