Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced it's a brain tumour, scared!

Convinced it's a brain tumour, scared!

Hi everyone..
    I going through a really hard time at the moment and I am really struggling to get hold of what is anxiety and what is real.

My symptoms have started around 5 months ago I was get a tingling and sometimes numb feeling in my right calf/foot and right hand. This is still present but not as much.

Fast forward 5 months and two weeks before my wedding I start having bad head aches now I'm not one that suffers from headaches at all saw the doc who put it down to tension. Well I'm 3 weeks clear of the wedding and I now feel even worse the head ache is still there and it's 90% of the day always around, some days better than others but still there. It can range from a full ache to stabbing sharp pains, at the front of my head and both sides, temples everywhere really except the back of my head. I have seen the doctor who checked me over and I have also had 2 in depth eye examines testing pressure, sight and taking a good look into the eye and all this came back fine. This head ache is now going into week 6. It's there as soon as I open my eyes!

The most recent symptom I have now is I'm feel really light headed and dizzy, not room spinning dizzy but off balance and if my inside is moving, it's nothing like I havnt experienced before!

I'm am so scared now I spend all day in bed crying, researching m, Iv just got married it should be the happiest time but I can't explain how terrible I feel, I think only a scan is going to solve this for me but I'm even to petrified to go and have that as I just keep thinking they will tell me I have a few months to live! I have a 6 year old with autism who needs me, I'm so scared.

Re: Convinced it's a brain tumour, scared!

I went through the same exact thing. Had the eye tests too. Which is a good sign if it came back fine. You don't have a brain tumor. I got up the courage to have a SCAN and it was normal and I had serious headaches.

Would you mind telling me what kinda things were happening for you?
    I don't think Iv ever been this scared before. I just seem to be getting worse as the weeks go on and I just can't seem to grasp what's real and what's not. I hate this, I just wanna enjoy my family and enjoy being a newly wed I just wanna curl up in bed and be alone

I have that off balance feeling too. Like something is shifting in my head. Feels very scary, but I'm sure it's just weird vertigo from anxiety. It's amazing what symptoms health anxiety can throw up. I've had hundreds over the years :(

Okay, I had the same thing you're having almost 3 years ago. I had to make some lifestyle changes. First and foremost, I cut out all caffeine. I had chocolate every now and then but I eliminated coffee out of my diet completely. I began drinking a gallon of water a day. I carried water to classes in college, when working out, going out shopping to make sure I drank. Since then, headaches are a rare occurrence in my life. They usually happen when I don't drink enough water.

Also as a recently married woman (February), I know the stress involved into a wedding as I was just in your shoes. My hair was falling out and I lost weight. Stress/anxiety plays a havoc on our bodies. I wouldn't be at all surprised these headaches are caused from wedding stress. Even after your wedding, your body is still in shock from the tension, and you will experience headaches, weird sensations. I know I did. Try to kick back, take a long bath everyday for a week, drink some wine, or get a nice massage. It helps loads!

I quite new to the health anxiety this is what scares me most! Iv had vertigo in the past and it dosnt really feel like that (room spinning etc) it's more like an off balance, light headed feeling. I was worried when the headaches came on but I just feel like now I have this light headed dizzy feeling it's just more evidence that I have some sort of tumour..

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Thanks for the advice girl18, how long did your go on for? I don't think I can go in much longer like this I really feel like I'm dying or am gonna collapse some days. I don't drink caffeine but I am a sucker for chocolate, I have upped my water a lot recently, will continue to drink as much as I can. I have so much in my life that needs doing and I just feel housebound with all these complaints, I don't even know how I'm going to get through work tomrrow

New17. My older brother had a brain tumour a few years ago.
    He didn't FEEL off balance he WAS off balance, he could not walk without someone holding onto his arms and supporting him.
    His headaches were servere to the point he would vomit any time he turned his head
    He couldn't speak properly, not just the odd stutter like we all do but he sounded drunk.
    He couldn't even hold both his arms out in front of him, or do anything day to day like brush his teeth or wash his hair. Brain tumour symptoms are servere to the point everyone around you knows there is something very wrong, there is no second guessing it.
    I have experienced all of the symptoms you have described including the off balance feeling which lasted 6 months. What you're describing in no way sounds like a brain tumour. More like a heavily stressed nervous system and body.

Thank you very much for replying to me and I'm sorry to hear of your brother.

I really need to get a hold of this as it's ruining mine and also my families lives. Iv already cancelled my honeymoon through fear of me being very ill. It's just these symptoms are so real and have been ongoing. The headache is literally every single day from when I open my eyes each morning for 6 weeks, it's really getting me down, the "dizziness" has only been for about 3 days now but I just keep thinking right this is getting worse and will continue to do so untill the point I collapse or something and will then be no doubt that I have something serious going on, it's really awfull I'm 28 years old, a daughter with severe needs and I just got married I should be happy and focused on that not all this, I just wish I could wake up tomrrow with no pain.

Hi

So sorry to hear how you are feeling. I've had severe HA for 30 years and have similar symptoms to yours from time to time. The dizziness you talk about and the daily headaches I've had on and off for years and constantly worry about having a brain tumour. Mine started shortly after I got married. Was convinced I was dying. I had a brain scan and it was clear.
    Unfortunately a colleague was recently diagnosed but her symptoms were very obvious,she couldn't walk without falling over. Her gp diagnosed her very quickly and she has now had them removed. Try not to worry. Easy to say. ( I don't follow my own advice! ) take care x

Well my symptoms have been great the last two days! I had small pain in the morning one day but that soon cleared and I then went on to have small shootingpains throughout the day that only lasted minutes and went away, yesterday I woke up with pain but that soon went also and I felt great for most of the day, but today again it's all come crashing down and I have that dull fullness feeling inside my head that moves around. I'm so fed up of it all now. This is now week 6 of head pain that just dosnt seem to be going anywhere.
    The dizziness has now stopped thank god but everything else still stands!

Iv read some really scarey things about tumours that head aches would be worse in the morning then settle abit, worse laying down, a steady pain that would be there constantly, a pain that you wouldn't of felt before.

I fit all these boxes and I'm really scared again now!

Iv had two optition checks where your eyes are dilated and they look into them with light and all fine but I didn't get a photo taken of the back of the eye.

Iv also had 3 checks by the gp and physio to test strength, balance, blood pressure, reflexes.

Iv also had full blood work but before the headaches started.

These were all normal but still the headache still remains and I have no explanation for it bar "tension headache" but I can't believe it would present this way or hang around for this long!

I'm absolutely petrified to get a scan for the reasons of it will show up my fear and that it would make me 10000x more anxious, I'm so lost!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information