Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Convinced it's a brain tumour, scared!

Re: Convinced it's a brain tumour, scared!

Iv seem my go twice they know all about my anxiety, I feel like this is the issue and that's what they put everything down to. As I passed all their physical test also they just shrug it all off but yet I still have to deal with the pain. I've read so much about headaches and what they could be and I don't fit it any bracket. I haven't googled brain tumour directly as I know il prob fit most!

I've upset everyone around me and now no one wants to talk to me as they think it's just me being irrational again but I'm really really scared. I'm so angry with myself also cuz I think I need to get a grip and be scanned as this point to end this for everyone but I'm so fearful.

These are not like any headache I know of, They arent one sided, not throbbing, it's just a strong constant pain some times dull in random areas of my head....they seem to ease off during the evening but still lightly felt with maybe a random shooting pain now and then but I know tonight il get woken up again only to start the cycle again tomorrow. I'm so fed up. I've forgotten who I am and now have just become this issue.

Are you able to get a scan done?

This would be the best thing I think you can do at this point.

I would take some solace that if your docs are not too concerned then it probably isn't something serious.

I'm not sure the doctors are just saying tension headaches as my eye tests were fine and also the examinations balance, strength, blood pressure are fine. Maybe if I went and demanded they would refer but I get so scared about it as if it's going to confirm the worst. It like I'm just stuck in this big pain/anxiety circle every day.

Is a CT scan enough, Brain worries!

Hi everyone,
    Iv posted on her a few times before about my on-going issues which I still have to this day and just wanted some advice.
    Il start off by saying I have suffered for over a year now with health anxiety which I really struggle with but my symptoms have now been present for so long and persistent I’m really struggling to see how nothing serious isn’t going on!

My story starts 10 months ago after coming through a bad spell of anxiety I started to get on and off tingling in my right foot/leg no loss of power but really odd and sometimes feel funny to walk on. As time went in this also started happening in my right arm/hand. At this point I went to see my doctor had a basic Nureo exam but all fine. I can get this feeling 24/7 for weeks and then it will go and return with no pattern.

6 months later and in work one day I had a headache took painkillers and thought nothing on it.....that headache is still with me to this day 24/7 in various degrees, so I’ve had head pain everyday for 6 months!!! it’s not so much of a head ache than a constant pain in my head sometimes pressure feeling, sometimes a sharp pain or a dull pain, this is in my forehead usually but also moves all over my head in no pattern (no throbbing) can be morning, night anytime but will always be there in some degree. After 4 months I finally have a CT scan and came back completely normal no abnormalities found! By this point Iv seen maybe 8 doctors and 4 eye test with all tests normal!

The doctor has no put me on amitriptyline which has seemed to be helping but I still get small amounts of pain through the day...Iv only been on these for 3 weeks (last week being an upped dose 25mg)

My doc seems to think I have chronic migraine/tension headache)

But I just can’t get it out of my head that I have a brain tumour and that after 10 months it’s just going to be too late and I’m basically living my last. This is effecting all aspects of my life and the past year has been the worst of my life! I’m 28 with a lovely life but I’m just lost and in pain all the time!

I have other symptoms like floaters and all over muscle twitches which seem to be worse since starting amitriptyline! I’m so scared!

Is the ct scan really enough or should I pay for a private MRI my doctors havnt really said much and said something would of been picked up in the ct scan but they don’t seem worried but I am absolutely beside myself. I just keep think a head pain for 6 months is just not normal there’s no way this could be nothing!
    Last edited by New17; 15-01-18 at 19:37.

Re: Is a CT scan enough, Brain worries!

My neighbours brain tumour was picked up on ct scan when they thought she had had a minor stroke. At that point they didnt know what it was but they knew there was something that needed investigating and this was deep in her brainstem so if they saw that then your clear scan is just that. Clear.

A brain CT would pick up a brain tumour. An MRI would give a clearer image and there are options for angiography to show blood vessels for things such as aneurysms.
    You’re fine :-). Trust the dr.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

PM me if you wish. I have been through a very similar position where I had an MRI I didn’t medically need.
    My advice, don’t waste your money on the MRI and the CTis definitely enough.

Because I have a non cancerous lump, spot on my brain due to me having NF, I have a mri brain scan every 18-24 months last time it had got a bit smaller,

Thanks for the replies everyone and for reassuring words!

I’m finding everything really difficult at the moment it’s been so long with all these symptoms I was so sure that the ct scan would show something scarey! When it didn’t my mind keeps thinks well your still havnt all the symptoms nothing is really improving its just the amitriptyline is making it better to cope with, this leads me thinking that an mri would have to show something. Deep down I don’t want to put myself through it as it causes me so much stress, I was bed ridden the 2 weeks I had to wait for my ct scan results! But it’s really hard finding an alternative to get out of this with the symptoms still constantly happening....

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Oh ok thank you Ellen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information