Thread: blood clot in my leg

Unhappy blood clot in my leg

i recently delivered aq beautiful baby. im afraid i have a blood clot in my leg and that is going to travel to my heart or lungs and kill me. i had my leg scanned once and have been checked twice since then but still......my leg *jumps* and then i will have a chest pain right after that...like the clot has traveled and going to kill me. i am doing my best to not obsess but still im scared. people who have just had children are in a higher risk to get thses and my chest pain is not just in my heart area but also my lungs as well.

thanks for letting me vent
    danielle

Re: blood clot in my leg

Congratulations on your baby
    Hello there im sure you will be fine.You are probably anxious after having the baby and this is causing the aches and pains.was the baby girl or boy?

When I had my last baby I was also terrified about blood clots. But, first of all, remember that they are quite rare. Also, to my knowledge, that is not how they present. They dont just travel like that. I think that your leg would be very red, very sore and very swollen for some time. At least that is what I remember the dr. telling me. I know how scary it is though... All the fears. Try to enjoy your time with your baby. It goes by so fast.

-- Anonymous

hiya

try not to worry, i was 23 when i had my first pregnancy and i DID get a blood clot, i had the pain quite mild at first in my leg, then daily it got worse and worse my leg didnt swell at first or feel hot but it was agony, then one day i woke up and my leg looked huge, it actually took a whole month for that to happen b4 the dr took me serious, clots dont travel round like that, also the blood dr at the hospital told me if the clot travelled you would actually be gasping for air,. and a clot is one of those pains that you dont wonder about, you know its there and it never lets up, just gets continually worse and worse. you will be fine, if u r really worried take some Asperin.

leanne xx

thank you for asking i had a grgeous baby boy. just wish i could get past these stupid symptoms!!

I worry about blood clots constantly.. I grew up with a Mother who had them in both of her legs and you could SEE them.. here legs were always really warm and she said they hurt constantly and you could see these protruding lumps in her legs.

They recently put me on Birth Control Pills and I'll admit I freaked right out knowing that Blood Clots is one of the rarer side effects (not rare enough for me!!!!) of course I made the mistake of researching it on the net (ugh!!) and I'm sure you can guess where it went from there.

But honestly if it was blood clots you'd know it you wouldnt second guess it you'd just know.

A few months ago I thought I had a blood clot - red lump on leg, bruise that didn't seem to go. Panicked for weeks - until I spoke to a couple of people who had had them. They all said that you would know if you had one - there is a hard lump, your leg gets red, swollen and hot. I made the mistake of googling for images of bloods clots - not pretty, but it looks very distinctive. Turns out mine was probably an insect bite, you just couldn't see the bite holes.

If anyone does get bloodclots, the treatment is very effective. My 87 year old uncle has recently recovered from one.

In the UK you get an injection (vitamin k, I think) in your thigh after delivery which helps to prevent them. Did you get anything like this?

I am sure you have nothing to worry about - I used to obsess over all sorts of things after my first baby was born. The lack of sleep doesn't help. See you doctor again if you are still worried.

thank you all for the encouragement. i did call my doctor and it seems i dont have any of the *real* symptoms...just these stupid exaggerated anxious irrational ones!!!you know every little twitch or ache is terminal!

you all have helped me alot

thanks

Thread Information