Thread: How Many mg

How Many mg

I was wondering how many mg of cipramil people took, i am on 20mg per day when i first went on them i got better and was able to go out but now i am housebound again and i'm not sure if my body has become used to the tablets (if thats poss)

Re: How Many mg

Hello Haze, anti depressants can stop being effective if you are on them for a long time. I don't know what the highest dosage is for Cipramil but tell your doctor they have stopped working.

I was on anti depressant called Prothiaden for 4 years and I was taking 150mg per day. Then I began to be very depressed again so my doctor increased it to 225mg a few weeks ago. Over the last few days my mood has improved a lot.

Take care

Eibhlin

Hi Haze,I am on citalopram now.For the first month I took 10mg then my doc prescribed 20mg but I started to feel worse again so now im back to 10mg.G o back to your doc and tell him or her.Citalopram helps with the depression but not the anxiety.I know what a nightmare it is.All the best.love Imogen.

I started on 10mg. Went to 20mg for 4 months and now on 10mg again cos' I think I'd like to do without them.

Have a chat to your Dr. 20mg is a low-dose (according to my Dr) so you might need it higher for a little while.

I spoke to my dr about this, and apparently 40mg is the usual dosage for anixety. Cipramil definitely does work for anixety, as I was on 60mg a few years ago and it helped a lot. I think you should speak to your doctor and maybe up the dose a bit. I went back on Cipramil recently and was also on 20mg for a few months, but it's not totally working, so I've started from 30mg today and will go up to 40mg and see how it goes from there. Hang in there!!

Thread Information