Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow pulse

Slow pulse

I really need some help again. I'm sorry I have no been on here and posted for a while but I thought I was geting better.

I've started worrying about my heart again. I keep taking my pulse and noticed the other day that it was only 66 beats per min. Is that too slow.. I keep feeling light headed and a bit dizzy do you think I have low blood pressure???

What could be causing me to feel lightheaded?? I'm starting to get really frightened again. do You think I have an abnormal heart rythm that is casusing my dizzyness??

My mind is working overtime..........

Thanks

Purdybird

Hi Purdybird

When I was at the height of my anxiety I used to get lightheaded and dizziness all the time, it's all due to anxiety chuck.

As for your pulse, mine seems to be different at certain times of the day, I think it's quite normal for us lot to be checking our pulse all the time as I used to be paranoid about it.

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

66 is just fine .

Most of us run at anywhere between 50 - 130 bpm each day depending on our current activity .

If you're on a betablocker it will be slower too.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Thanks for the replies.

The dizzyness is the thing that is really scaring me at the moment. I can be sitting at my desk at work and then suddenly Whoooooo, my head goes all light and woogy and I quickly check my pulse, becuase the first thought I have is oh my god my heart is slowing down and is about to stop.

Does anybody else do this or am i the only basket case constantly checking their pulse??

hi purdy
    i have had alot of anxiety worrying about my heart - it is very normal for you to have these fears because you suffer from anxiety - believe me it does get better - i know it must be hard for you at the moment but try and concentrate on something else - something positive. if your worries continue why not talk to your gp im sure he could put your mind at rest.
    xx david

Hi Purdybird

I like you used to check my pulse all the time especially after a dizzy attack just like u describe, mine used to happen in work and especially in Sainsbury's. As Dave says it does get better, I used to get these dizzy attacks more often when I wasn't eating properly and my blood sugar had probably dropped. Do u eat regularly and healthily? It's quite important when you are very anxious as u are using up so much energy.

Hope this helps

Elaine x

66 is normal and healthy - you have nothing to worry about!!

hi. yes as they say 66 is a good puls rate. i used to check mine every fre mins at one time even went to the loo and checkesd so i easnt watched. my puls is usualy around 90 and my wifes is 55 and was told we are both fine. there is a big difference between different people. And yes I am dizzy most of the time I hate it and have to hold onto things to walk at times. rake care Vernon

I used to feel dizzy all the time but never even thought to check my pulse.

I could be lack of food - do you eat regularly?

Nicola

Thanks so much for your replies, you are all so kind and have reasurred me alot.

Can thinking that you're dizzy actually make you dizzy, and does worrying about being dizzy make it worse??

I also have noticed that sometimes, when I stand up suddenly i have dizzy spells, does anyone else suffer with this. It doesn't happen a lot, but has obviously set me of worrying.

Also is there a relationship ( for females ) between anxiety and ' that time of the month'? I seem to have three good weeks and feel like I am really making progress and then take two steps backwards for one week!

Thanks guys you are all so helpful

Purdybird

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information