Thread: scared of the sensations in head

Red face scared of the sensations in head

I'm so scared at the moment, i know that i'm panicking. I've had strange sensations in my head for the last 2 years off and on and saw a neurologist pretty recently who agreed it was exhaustion.

However the sensations went away for a while but have come back recently whilst i've been a bit stressed out! I used to get this same feeling like what i used to describe as fireworks going off inside my head and i'm getting that again, it feels like a banging from neck to front, and when i get it i get so scared i start to then panic.

But worse is this new sensation that i become totally scared stiff that something is really going to go bang in my head and i'll collapse. Rationally I know its crazy but when i have it Its just awful.

Yes it normally is when anxious but sometimes not. It feels like everything in my head is on edge, the verge of this bang! Please has anyone had this, when i'm calming down it does go but its hard to calm down if you think something in your heads about to go pop!

Hope this isn't too rambling!

Re: scared of the sensations in head

I have had this as well. Its very scary. I have had a sensation like I am about ot have a seizure or something... Like you said, things are just about to explode. Its not really pain as much as it is pressure, and a sense of rattling. Its really hard to explain. I also get pretty dizzy with it, and my ears get all clogged. While it is very uncomfortable, I defn think it is anxiety.

-- Anonymous

Re: scared of the sensations in head

yes i get the blocked ear thing too! when you swallow you can hear everything and your right its not pain in the head at all - its like scary feelings you don't understand!

Thread Information