Hi Everyone.

I have suffered from anxiety and panic on and off for years, but found Dr Claire weekes books on the subject extremely helpful. Not only does she explain very well what the anxiety state is all about, but also gives instruction of how to cope with the very distressing symptoms it brings.

The books were first published a long time ago and so they are quite " Old fashioned " sounding to read, but donīt let this put you off, her advice and explanation of the anxiety state is priceless, and helped me so much through the first and subsequent phases of anxiety.

I have also found counseling to be very helpful, even though the thought of it initially scared me a lot because it seemed to put me into a category I didnīt want to think myself as , which was a crazy person!

Relaxation exercises done while listening to a CD which talks you through them is also very helpful, but takes a few goes to get into and benefit from.

Anyway, those are all things that have benefited me, and I hope will help you too.