Hey everyone,

For the last 2 months now I have been having varying levels of lower abdominal pain mainly on my left side just under my rib cage and a little lower along with some episodes of nausea which I think are related more so to my acid reflux depending on what I eat. It's not severe but it seems to be there most of the time.

I have already been through various tests including an ultrasound of my lower abdomen, blood tests including carotenoids, urine tests, a stool test which all came out perfectly normal and I have already had a gastroscopy about 2 months ago for my acid reflux issues which came up normal too. In saying that as well the pain under my rib cage actually started about a week after my gastroscopy but the ultrasound that I had about 2 weeks ago of my lower abdomen came up normal so I assume there wasn’t any damage done?

I am just a bit fearful of going through a colonscopy if it isn’t need as it might make things worse and that the pain under my rib cage might have been a cause of the gastroscopy I had?

Both my gastrologist and gp definitely think I have IBS and health anxiety with the latter that I can say for sure but they still said to do the colonscopy to ease my mind. My question is at my age would it be worth going through with the symptoms that I have especially with the fact that every single test I have done so far has been 100% normal could all of this be anxiety?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel