Thread: Cold that won't go away.

Cold that won't go away.

So for a week and a few days I've been fighting off a cold. I was feeling better last week then I was the week before but was still waking up with that groggy feeling and the dry/sore throat. Today I've woken up and I've become a bit blocked again and I coughed a bit, I'm scared it's coming back and that I'm sick because my immune system can't fight off anything anymore because somewhere in my body I'm seriously ill. Has anyone else had a lingering cold or cough?

Re: Cold that won't go away.

Hi,

I have colds that normally last 2-3 weeks if I'm lucky, if it's the flu it can last up to a month if I am particularly run down. With me, I don't get sick that often, but when I do I'm confined to my bed Normally I have the same exact symptoms as you, it goes, then comes again then goes again etc, etc...but then it DOES go away. I know how scary it is to feel so poorly and stuff, I always think the worst and tell myself I need to see the doctor! However you ARE going to be fine, Day and Night Nurse tablets are amazing for curing a cold/flu, they stop me feeling bunged up and buttercup syrup soothes my sore throats in no time!

Stay positive

Yep, had a cold since last Saturday. Still very congested and getting more a cough now, I really wouldn't worry about as colds can easily last between 1-2 weeks.

Thanks guys

there are always colds go around this time of year that go on for a while 'freshers flu' it is when the new terms start Schools/uni's/colleges..... everyone encounters new people and new germs.... and then it gets passed on everywhere.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information