Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: pregnant, anxiety worse than ever, don't know what to do

Re: pregnant, anxiety worse than ever, don't know what to do

It is always good to feel normal and to be able to get out of the anxiety mindset. I'm glad that it was such a positive experience-hopefully it will do you the power of good and will set you up for the next few days which will bring uncertainty as to what will happen re finance for you. I'm like you and would just want things to be sorted as soon as possible so that at least you know exactly where you stand and can plan accordingly.

I hope you get some news really soon.

Thanks Pulisa, I appreciate it. It sounds more and more like we are quite similar in some ways. You get how I think! I just want things sorted...

I had to do a bunch of online assessments for this temp agency. I did pretty well. Again I'm a little apprehensive about it and will not sign anything until I have all the info I need. But it doesn't hurt to talk to them and get info. We have a facetime interview tomorrow.

Tomorrow I also need to go to my place of work and get my stuff. I'm going to try to go after they have left for the day to avoid awkward interactions.

Had a scare last night. We have wood floors and I slipped and fell all the way down a flight of stairs. It really shook me up big-time. I was terrified that I hurt the baby. Luckily my back and butt took all of the hits, but I was still scared. I called the doctor on call, who said as long as I am not cramping or bleeding to stay home and take it easy but any cramping go to the emergency room. So far that hasn't happened. But my ass sure hurts!!! My husband will be putting in stair threads to make them less slippery. We were going to do that anyway before I got huge but just hadn't gotten around to it. Guess that was a wake up call.

That must have been very frightening and painful for you and another shock to the system you don't need. I'm sure you've taken the brunt of the fall though and your little one will be kicking away regardless of her Mum's pain! You poor thing, it's one thing after another. I feel for you having to go into work to collect your things but best to get it over with when it's quiet and you don't have to fend off any awkward questions if in fact there are any..

I bet you'd be ideal for the temp agency. See what comes of the facetime interview and what terms they offer. It sounds promising

It really shook me up! My husband and the dog ran over and I just sat on the floor crying for about a half hour. The poor dog was nervous, she's such a sweetheart. We now have those anti-slip stair pads down and I feel a lot more comfortable. I think my balance is just off from all my physical changes. But baby has been kicking away. Yesterday it was cute. The dog would lay her head on my belly and each time she would kick at the dog's head. The poor dog had no idea what was going on.

I have my interview shortly today for the temp agency. We'll see how it goes. I am a little nervous but trying to just take it as information gathering and nothing to lose. Mail hasn't come yet so I have no way of knowing when my unemployment hearing will be. Luckily if it is granted, they will back-date the pay to last week. I hope there won't be a lot of hoops to jump through. I stress every time I have to spend money right now.

Just got my notice from DOL that my hearing will be 11/15 ... so a little over two weeks I know it's not *that* long but when you don't have income coming in, it feels like it. I'm also nervous about how it will go.

My former employer said to say I was terminated (if you quit voluntarily you are not likely to receive the benefits) and they will not contest it, but I don't know how to word what happened. I have tons of paperwork to fill out and send in. They also invited my employer prior to this one to the hearing, as they want your employment history for the past two years. I'm hoping they just don't show up. I wish it was sooner so I could just get it over with.

I think the interview with the temp agency went alright. They said they will consider me for opportunities that may come up soon.

2 weeks must seem an age. I hope it's a formality for you and that they backdate your money. You must try to resist the temptation to ruminate on all the worst case scenarios because they may never happen.

Easier said than done when you have time to speculate though.

Hi,

Just sending well wishes hope things start getting a lot more positive in terms of money/jobs etc very soon and that bump is happy and active (apart from at night when you need to sleep :P )

XXX

As regards wording what happened, could your doctor not send a covering letter? I don't think you should have to "explain yourself" excessively because what happened was a result of having far too much on your work plate. Maybe others are struggling too but just don't voice their concerns. I know this happens at my husband's work. You reached a point where your brain was making things impossible for you to function normally.

Thank you, Vicky and Pulisa, for your well-wishes and words of comfort. I am trying to not ruminate too much and am trying to remind myself that my husband is going to be traveling a lot this month, which means we will have more money coming in than usual so that will help. I have been applying for jobs like crazy and have to also give myself a little breathing room so I am trying to structure it. I spend a couple hours in the morning doing job stuff and then focus on something else.

Pulisa, I think you are right about not having to explain myself. Honestly with these things I have read less is more unless they fight it. So if they keep to their word and don't appeal or fight it, I should be able to just keep it simple that it was not good for my health. I see the OB/GYN tomorrow (a nicer doctor in the office than the one I saw last time!!) so I will ask about a letter. I'd just like to get this over with!

Anxiety has been around a 5-6/10. I'm not having panic attacks but do find myself clenching my jaw all the time, having trouble sleeping, thinking obsessively. Therapy weekly helps to a point, but I also feel like I know myself well as I have done a lot of therapy throughout my life. Either way it is good to have a support. I suppose I could always ask her for a letter if I need it too.

Happy Halloween everybody! Is anybody dressing up? I don't have a costume, but we do get trick or treaters. The dog gets so excited to see the kids. She's funny. She has kept it up with being protective of me. Last night I was sitting with my husband on the couch and she was crying for a while. She had eaten and gone out, so we didn't know what she wanted. My husband got up to play with her and she immediately ran over to me, took his spot on the couch, and laid her head on my belly again. The baby started getting really active when she was there. It's pretty cute. Who knew she'd be so maternal?

Looks like your baby has already got a guardian angel..How wonderful our pets are!

We don't really "do" Halloween in my family. When my children were younger we did a bit more but now they aren't interested. You've got all this to come with your baby! The shops are full of Halloween stuff so it's thriving in the UK now although not on a par with US celebrations.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information