Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: pregnant, anxiety worse than ever, don't know what to do

Re: pregnant, anxiety worse than ever, don't know what to do

I hope you get the job, I will keep you in my prayers Swgrl09. thinking of you.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I had another phone interview for a job today. They sounded interested in me. I am waiting for a call back to schedule an in person interview. I think the recruiter has been out due to the holiday. I am being considered for 2 different roles with the same company. Fingers crossed...
    Wishing you luck and a positive outcome. You're so helpful and empathetic to others on here and I'm sure you would make a great staff member

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thank you both, Yvonne and KK, for your kind words I will keep everybody posted.

My face-to-face interview is scheduled for Monday at 10:00 AM ... I'm nervous but also feeling level-headed about it. I think the lexapro is starting to help a bit. I've been obsessing *slightly* less about health issues and at least able to let things go a little easier. Sleep is also improving (when I'm not coughing from this cold). Step by step!

Baby is so active it's crazy. When I can see her from the outside moving around, it freaks me out a bit - it feels like the Alien movies where the alien baby bursts out of peoples' bodies. I had a doctor's appointment today and am gaining healthy amounts of weight finally after not gaining for some time. Makes sense, as I feel HUGE. Next is the gestational diabetes test in a few weeks.

Am so pleased that things are picking up for you. You deserve some good fortune and a run of good mental and physical health as you approach your final trimester.

I developed gestational diabetes at around 28 weeks with my daughter. It disappears after the birth but it's reassuring that you are being routinely monitored for it.

Best of luck for Monday!

Yeah, I will be around 28 weeks at the time of the test. They are pretty thorough. They do a 1-hour test where you drink a sugary drink and they see how your blood sugar changes. If you fail that, you come back for a 3-hour test that sounds horrible because you have to fast before and it takes a while. So hopefully I don't have to do that one, but if I do, I guess it's for the best that it is caught! Thank you for your kind words Pulisa I hope the interview goes well. Either way I am getting organized with possibly starting my own practice next year so I am feeling a little better about things.

Yesterday was the day all the layoffs went down at my husband's job. So far (knock on wood) he has survived. I think they were trying to tell everybody yesterday but I will still be a little on edge through today just in case.

I'm relieved to be sleeping better, but now I can't seem to get enough! Maybe just from carrying around extra weight all the time.

I had my interview this morning. I think overall it went very well. I was comfortable answering the questions they asked me and think I answered well. I definitely think I am qualified for the job. I was honest about the pregnancy, as I figured it wasn't serving anybody to try to hide it. I don't know if that will ruin my chances, but if it does, it tells me a lot about the employer anyway. It does sound like a decent opportunity though and is a bit different from what I was doing before. So I am optimistic and I'm hopeful that I made a good enough impression to make the pregnancy not a deal-breaker.

I know legally they can't refuse to hire you, but they could easily just say somebody else was a better fit. She said they would make a decision in the next week or so.

Other than that, things have been quiet which is good. Baby moves more and more every day. She feels like an acrobat now. My husband and I are going into the city tomorrow because he got free tickets to our alma matter's basketball game, so I'm looking forward to that. It looks like it might rain though, which would be rough as we tend to walk a lot when we go.

The tough thing is that we decided we were not going to buy Christmas gifts this year for a lot of people due to finances and the baby coming, but instead make cookies and breads to give out. So I told my family that was our plan, but my husband didn't tell his family. They are all sending me Christmas lists now which is stressing me out a bit. I keep asking him to talk to them, but he forgets. I need to get this clarified.

They also are being stubborn about vaccines. We are asking all close family who might be taking care of the baby to get their flu shots and TDap (whooping cough/pertussis) shots. My nephew got the flu from somebody when he was 2 months old and was hospitalized - it was so scary!! And the person who gave it to him only held him for a short period of time. It's also highly recommended by the doctor. I know I can't control everything and she could still get sick, but I also don't want to expose her early to things unnecessarily before she can get her own vaccines. So my brother and sister in law did it, all my family did it, but my husband's parents are being stubborn because they don't want to. I hate to be the bad guy and put my foot down, but after seeing my nephew get sick so young, I don't want to risk it. I want to respect their wishes, but this is going to be a newborn.

I guess this is just part of parenting!

Ugh. Vaccinations are so easy and inexpensive as well, and such a good idea - obviously you don't want to get sick yourself! I was vaccinated for both because I'm terrified of catching either, but the flu especially. My boss specializes in biohazards and diseases so I hear an earful about all the awful things about various illnesses. Thankfully my fluoxetine has my HA under control!

That's exciting about the job!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thanks! I know, I try to be respectful of other people's opinions of them, but I love them and will get any vaccination possible!! That may be related to my HA, haha. I always am disappointed I cannot get the shingles one until I am 60, as I know people my age who have gotten it and been in so much pain.

My father-in-law always swears the flu shot makes him sick, which is disproven scientifically. The worst that has happened with me is feeling a little tired the next day but that's about it. I can't imagine working with somebody who specializes in diseases and biohazards - that would definitely set me off!

I think it's a sensible precaution to get any vaccinations offered when you anticipate being around a newborn-I hope they change their mind when they know how disappointed you are. My daughter developed acute viral pneumonia and septicaemia at 4 weeks of age from my son's chest infection (I had gestational diabetes which they said could have compromised her respiratory system) and it was touch and go in intensive care. They are very fragile so whatever you can do to protect them (within reason) should be done.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information